BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

yup, it is a high risk/high reward strategy.

it doesn't matter what you think about it, it is right there in the fluff, people worship chaos for all manner of reasons, and only a tiny percentage of them ever actually become a daemon prince.

Nobody has said chaos are sad losers, these articles prove the exact opposite, that chaos armies fight on regardless of mundane issues like supplies. you just seem to want them to be super powerful, all knowing, badasses who can fight fantastically at all times and have magical ever filling magazines of ammunition.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

[supplicant]OH MIGHTY TZEENTCH! BLESS ME THAT MY BOLTER MAY HAVE UNENDING AMMO!

[Tzeentch]Rightydokeymoryalskip! bolter, magic. Magic, bolter....zsuh zsuh zsuh, just like that. Done. You now me owe me your soul, and every soul you kill.

[Supplicant]PRAISE BE!!!!! *dakka* ow.... *dakka* OW. *DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA* ARRGH THIS REALLY HURTS! Wait a mo.....whaaaaa? DUDE! IT'S FIRING MY TESTICLES AT THEM!

[Tzzentch]LOL! And the best bit is, I've fixed so your delicate flabbilydobbilies constantly regrow! And not where you'd expect them! Or want them for that matter!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    A strict heirarchy? Not at all.
    Please sort in terms of heirarchy:

Bloodletter - Bloodthirster - Daemon Prince - Herald - Khorne

so does the warp follow a heirarchy or not?

No. It doesn't.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post

Those Tittles are just the ones mortals attach to warp beings to try and comprehend their existence, they're not absolutes, they change, waxing and waning at the whims of the Gods.

You really think a warp entity assumes that form when not manifest in the material realm?
    Last edited by Path Walker; 07-06-2015 at 06:30 AM.

Does a Bloodletter "outrank" a Plaguebearer, or a Daemonette? Do they outrank Astartes? There are Daemons shown to be subservient to fleshlings, like Gyre from The Talon of Horus.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

if you want a rigidly structured, perfectly organised and equipped band, Ultramarines are on your left.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    [supplicant]OH MIGHTY TZEENTCH! BLESS ME THAT MY BOLTER MAY HAVE UNENDING AMMO!

[Tzeentch]Rightydokeymoryalskip! bolter, magic. Magic, bolter....zsuh zsuh zsuh, just like that. Done. You now me owe me your soul, and every soul you kill.

[Supplicant]PRAISE BE!!!!! *dakka* ow.... *dakka* OW. *DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA* ARRGH THIS REALLY HURTS! Wait a mo.....whaaaaa? DUDE! IT'S FIRING MY TESTICLES AT THEM!

[Tzzentch]LOL! And the best bit is, I've fixed so your delicate flabbilydobbilies constantly regrow! And not where you'd expect them! Or want them for that matter!
    Ha ha ha!

It's funny 'cause it's true.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Nobody has said chaos are sad losers, these articles prove the exact opposite, that chaos armies fight on regardless of mundane issues like supplies. you just seem to want them to be super powerful, all knowing, badasses who can fight fantastically at all times and have magical ever filling magazines of ammunition.
    So then. What is their advantage over their loyalist counterparts who do have supplies, are all knowing badasses and super powerful who can fight fantastically at all times and have always full magazines of ammunition.

if you want a rigidly structured, perfectly organised and equipped band, Ultramarines are on your left.
    Would not work because we all know that if the Ultramarines would ever succumb to Chaos they would instantly fill their drop pods up with explosives, pile up their assaultcannons, Razorbacks, grav guns, Landspeeders,.. and crash their explosive filled drop pods on top of this pile. After that they rush to the next "rent-a-heretic" store to get their pre heresy equipment and a brainwash to forget how they used to fight before.
    Shortly after that they split apart while the imperium still pretends that they are a threat while, in reality, they are just a sad bunch without any supplies hardly surviving at the brink of existance.

So what is the "reward" in this? Any loyal space marine joining chaos is actually downgrading himself in every single aspect. That alone could be a hint that there has to be some more to it than "lack of supplies".

First-Captain

So then. What is their advantage over their loyalist counterparts who do have supplies, are all knowing badasses and super powerful who can fight fantastically at all times and have always full magazines of ammunition.

Would not work because we all know that if the Ultramarines would ever succumb to Chaos they would instantly fill their drop pods up with explosives, pile up their assaultcannons, Razorbacks, grav guns, Landspeeders,.. and crash their explosive filled drop pods on top of this pile. After that they rush to the next "rent-a-heretic" store to get their pre heresy equipment and a brainwash to forget how they used to fight before.
    Shortly after that they split apart while the imperium still pretends that they are a threat while, in reality, they are just a sad bunch without any supplies hardly surviving at the brink of existance.

So what is the "reward" in this? Any loyal space marine joining chaos is actually downgrading himself in every single aspect. That alone could be a hint that there has to be some more to it than "lack of supplies".
    The fact that he could become an all powerful Daemon Prince. The lure of power is how Chaos corrupts.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast