BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mark of Nurgle on a Vehicle

What does the Mark of Nurgle (from the Chaos Daemons codex) do on a vehicle like the soul grinder? It gives the model Shrouded which affects their cover save. Does that work on vehicles? And how would it work on a flyer? There's a ForgeWorld Nurgle flier that I'm curious how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by BFTrick View Post
    What does the Mark of Nurgle (from the Chaos Daemons codex) do on a vehicle like the soul grinder? It gives the model Shrouded which affects their cover save. Does that work on vehicles? And how would it work on a flyer? There's a ForgeWorld Nurgle flier that I'm curious how it works.
    It gives it the same rules as it does for Infantry, so a Nurgle vehicle with Shrouded gets +2 to its Cover Save, making it a pain to kill when it's hiding behind a Ruin.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Thanks CoffeeGrunt! Any chance you can point me to a page in the rule book?

Quote Originally Posted by BFTrick View Post
    Thanks CoffeeGrunt! Any chance you can point me to a page in the rule book?
    For what? Marks are explained in your Codex, and the rules for them are scattered around the Rulebook.

I meant a page where it says vehicles get cover saves.

I'm still used to 5th edition where all they had was hull down. Not true cover saves.

"Vehicles and cover" - the entirety of page 77

Thank you much! (page 494 in the full rule book)

What full rule book? We haven't had a full rule book this edition.

I think that the question 'you wanted to ask' in itself is incorrect. And in any case, it does more than Shrouding.

MARK of Nurgle is for CSM (p30 CSM codex). It gives models +1 T (it cant be used on vehicles and would have no effect)

DAEMON of Nurgle is for Daemons (p26 Daemons codex). It CAN be given a vehicle. It gives it:
    - Daemon (5++ invul save)
    - Hatred (Daemons of Tzeentch, reroll to hit 1st round of CC)
    - Shrouded (+2 to any available cover saves)
    - Slow and Purposeful (a penalty as vehicles are relentless all it does is stop Run/Sweeping Advance)
    - Defensive Grenades (small blast 8" range s1 blind grenades, and enemies charging do not gain +1 Attack, this one is usually forgotten about!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast