BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

TL;DR

GW are offering premium entirely optional add ons to their free game
    Last edited by Path Walker; 07-08-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Chapter-Master

It's Q1 for GW and I'm sure they have two paths already mapped for the fiscal year. Path 1 if AoS does well and a second path if it doesn't. As for the prices, they are roughly what I expected so now it's up to the community at large to vote with their $.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    TL;DR

GW are offering additional premium entirely optional add ons to their free game
    I'm usually quite critical of GWs pricing policy, but I really do think GW have made a great effort to make this AoS affordable. Sure there are some "added extras" that seem entirely optional but are not crucial to the game.
    I know some folks believe GW doesn't listen to its customers. But consider they are the only miniatures company that have actual face to face interaction with its customers at PoS. No one else does and I'm sure what's talked about in store does filter back to HQ. I have never felt this positive about a GW product for a long time. It's a fresh start, a new beginning that I support. You never know if it's a roaring success we may see some of this free stuff filter into 40k.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

It's just Erik struggling to find something to whine about.

A dice shaker is a dice shaker, some people use them, mostdon't, a nice coloured leather one with detailing and 10 dice for £25 isn't a ridiculous price. The range template is a bit steep at £20, but again, it's entirely optional, it's a something they've never done before and it looks pretty cool! You can get them from 3rd parties made of acrylic for a few quid and they work just as well, or you can just use a tape measure. The book is, as far as we know right now, just fluff and the rules that are in the starter box, so far from essential for anyone.

I'm sure War Scrolls will come to 40K, heck, they're already there as Datasheets but yeah, I am sure they will be free eventually and online, they're getting a lot of kudos for that move and to be honest, books are not high margain items for GW, they'd prefer you spend your £30 on plastic to maximise profit!

Chapter-Master

Optional things are a great way for a company to make $ off completionists / superfans. I really prefer that to higher core model prices.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Reckon I'll pick up the book. I'm a fluff nut, so need it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post

One would assume it is this guy.
    Nope it's not that guy, he's someone else it seems. Lord Celestant is this guy (pics courtesy of LadyAtia on Twitter):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CJYphutUAAAuAI7.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	15010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CJYqVElUcAArGb1.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	15011

Also Dice Shakers which I have to admit do look rather nice:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CJYp-ibUYAAdy-3.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	15012
    Last edited by Brakkart; 07-08-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Happy to be wrong. Means that I have more models to buy for my Stormcasts.
    Preordering him and a dice shaker am I lad?!?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

GW also sold funky add-on merchandise along with 40k 6th ed and Warhammer 8th edition. Was there this much wailing and gnashing of teeth then? Nobody's going to force you to buy it.

GW have seen enough custom dice, custom objective markers and other fripperies sell out to know that there's a market for plastic tat. Even those bloody "paint pot" mugs at Christmas sold like hotcakes.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

However, free t shirts, wrist bands, and pins for people who buy the game. I love t shirts.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast