BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Filthy Old Worlders on the AoS FB Group are already receiving their mail order copies of AoS... GW has absolutely no love for the colonies.
    Sorry old boy but you did make your choice 250 years ago 😉

I've not got mine yet either though and I live in England (gods second favourite county to be precise)
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    Sorry old boy but you did make your choice 250 years ago 😉

I've not got mine yet either though and I live in England (gods second favourite county to be precise)
    Aye! Looks like it's mostly Continentals getting early presents.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

I shall write to Nigel Farage!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Do I undestand this right that the 74$ book is how Age of Sigmar is going to continue to evolve. Books with fluff and a handful of scenarios and warscrolls?

I wonder what pace they are planning for those

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    Do I undestand this right that the 74$ book is how Age of Sigmar is going to continue to evolve. Books with fluff and a handful of scenarios and warscrolls?

I wonder what pace they are planning for those
    Looks like it. Sort of like how PP does things. It's not a bad way to keep a "living story" going and introduce new units and stuff, but if they're all $74, that won't work, especially if the rules are online free. I know the rules are supposed to be packaged with the models, but a lot of times people want to see the rules before making a purchase.

Battle-Brother

^^ From the rumours I've read, it seems GW are going down the LOTR SBG/ War of the Ring route than Privateer.

By thatm I mean look at all the supplements that came out for Rings- Siege of Gondor, Shadow in the East, Ruin of Arnor, Fall of the Necromancer, Shadow & Flame, Legions of Middle Earth, and so on.

Each of these expansion source-books added new artworks and fluff to edges of Tolkien's world little explored by himself, and new blisters/ boxes of minis.

If AOS tries to emulate this template, it could be a big success- expansion books for Duardin, Aelfs, Skaven, and Vamps at a regular pace over the coming year(s).

I'd guess they'll start with the core armies, but eventually they'll want to expand, and it makes sense to take a PP-style route for the books doing the collection of new unit war scrolls. Heck, if they want to add something to an existing core army while releasing a book with another one, they can throw it in there, and explain it away with more of the growing story.

One of the claims a lot of people are making about WFB's failing is that the story was "stale" and didn't go anywhere. If that is true, then having a growing story would make more sense than just explaining all the stuff happening in various places at the same time, without moving the story forward even a little.

I think it's the evolution of a two-tiered system. If you want to interact with the story and get scenarios and ideas like that, you can buy the books. If you just want to pick up models and play, then models come with their rules included and the rules of the game are free. Not a bad idea.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Yeah, but future books will need to be cheaper, or not that often. End Times showed that even with bigger books, in nice slip covers and all, people will just stop buying if the releases are too often with those prices. It'd be pushing it to do two of those a year at $74, any more than that will probably just cause people to skip on buying the books. (I mean in general. Some folks will, of course, still buy the books. Plenty of people skipped out on the end of the ET series, but I picked up all five, in hardback, so I know exceptions exist.)

I wouldn't be surprised if this one was a little bigger (and more expensive) than normal, containing as it does some more basic setting information than others (probably) will. Glottkin and Khaine were both shorter and cheaper than Nagash, remember.

And yeah, I bought all the End Times books, albeit on iBooks so I saved a bit.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast