BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

I'm expecting Ltd Ed hardback, then constant availability in paperback.

I think I'll keep up with the hardbacks. Only issue is, I've pretty much run out of storage space in my tiny flat...

Shall just have to move house (no, really)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well, if they do the hardback-then-softback thing, the price difference better be less like End Times and more like the army books. With the ET stuff, you were barely paying less for the paperbacks without a nice slip case. At the point you're already charging 50% more for a book with fewer pages than another popular company (whose books can also be gotten at half of their regular price, so 1/3 of what this book is), you should be nice with a paperback and not try to charge an arm and a leg. (Especially as it'd be hard for people to paint and play games with Citadel miniatures if they only have one arm.)

Librarian

Nice to see the Black Templars Emperor's Champion took the time to make an appearance in ZPG.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01-01.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	15033

:-)
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

Crossbows!

Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

liking the archers and the crossbowmen
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    liking the archers and the crossbowmen
    i've already seen people describe them as "Crossbolters", but I have absolutely no problem with that
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Occuli Imperator

These releases are really looking pretty
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Oooooh.

Ongoing Narrative eh?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Okay, so yeah, I gave Warzone's Capitol troops a bit too much flak back in the day (despite them being my favorite army and still having some of the models). Turns out even "the greatest miniatures company on the planet" (according to some experts on the Internet) can't do bulky armored guys holding a rifle-like missile weapon without it looking weird. Granted, the WoW-esque shoulder pads aren't helping the situation.

I know plenty will disagree with me, but I have to say... The more I see the Stormcast Eternals, the more I feel like they're a caricature. I get wanting to go so big and bold on models that Warmachine will hide its models in shame, but even the missile troops are heavily armored, the weapons are huge, and they're wearing those huge shoulder pads and silly halos. For elite units, a small part of the army, okay, I could get that. A whole army of those guys? Nah. (I'll stop there, lest I draw more ire from the "these are perfect!" crowd.)

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    i've already seen people describe them as "Crossbolters", but I have absolutely no problem with that
    It has a nice ring too it, and the guys wielding them would be...crossboltards...?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567