BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chaplain

When the topic is closed and people move on, then you Mr. I NEVER Do Anything Wrong, make flaming accusations...yes, that's stirring up trouble. Since you love words so much why couldn't it have been phrased as "Yo path, Im not believing your sources, can you back them up better" or along those lines instead of a bunch of veiled contemptuous insults?

as always Erik, its not what you say its how you say it.

The topic wasn't "closed" and I only spotted it because it showed up with new posts. I only realized when I looked back at the first posts that it was an older topic someone had recently commented on.

See, you were quick yourself to throw out unwarranted comments based on an incorrect perception of things.

And if my comments were too "veiled," let's try this: Path Walker has no "sources." He's making it up, either for attention or to troll people again (as he's admitted in the past to doing). He certainly has no "100% track record." It adds nothing to a discussion to make a false claim, especially one that only serves to make GW look bad rather than achieve the opposite effect.

Just to be clear, I'm criticizing a person's actions. But if you want to go ahead and call it a personal attack on their character or whatever, be my guest. I'm too tired. Insult me, misconstrue my actions, portray my words inaccurately, hate me, call me the devil's spawn, suggest I'm the cause of all the trouble in the world, whatever. I'll accept it. You're right. I'm the lone source of trouble, and the world would indeed be a better place if people like me found creative ways to off ourselves. (Unfortunately, I am such a screw-up and coward that I can't muster the bravery to do that favor for the world. Or selfish. Or both. Let's stick with that, coward and selfish.)

First-Captain

Before Erik made his post, the last post on this thread was on the 22nd, so it didn't show up in the "latest", he's just being a dick as usual.

Its not hard to be told things by various people in the community who will know things when you're a well functioning adult.

The trolling he's referncing was me embelishing a rumour (about the Liberators) to make refernces to a group on Facebook to make a point about how easy it is for a rumour to be taken up by Faeit and passed about, showing how all those sites pass on "rumours" purely for the clicks without caring how it effects anything else. Part of a series of articles we were thinking of writing for the website, looking at the wargaming community and ethics.

"DISCLAIMER I am not a competitive gamer, I have never entered a competitive tournament and I play for fun and for background. While my after thought may be my own opinion this is not to cause a flame war or a reason to insult other players. Fun is subjective and many in fantasy got fun from playing it competitively; that is all."

Telling everyone this tells them you are a competitive gamer because you felt the need to point it out that you are not if your a competitive player or not no one really is going to assume as much unless you speak as one putting a disclaimer is not going to make you immune from that.

Number 1 even if they have a better collection you forgot to take into account terrain and terrain buffs/debuffs and lets not forget sudden death sure he could field 2000 troops but can he fit them all sure he can put down powerful troops but can they be countered and also do they synergise? Try reading the art of war from time to time.

Number 2 this can come down to the narrative because for the love of god GW keep saying time and time again the direction they want to go is the narrative if your general is something inspiring then it would fit the narrative but if its a peasant leading highly trained units how can you fit that into the narrative did the king just get really drunk one day and said to a gardener outside "YOU LEAD THE DAMN ARMY"

Number 3 this is to tell people pick someone with a command ability rather then a random troop to go with number 2 on my list.

Number 4 in battles such as fantasy why should games restrict shooting into combat or out of combat lets use this narrative sense for shooting inside combat your friend gets nocked down you put a gun up and shoot the enemy before he can lay the death blow. Shooting into another combat a enemy exposes his back you fire and take him out. This is to give the game a more cinematic feel like in films such as lord of the rings.

Number 5 Fear can drive a person to death if the last person standing knows there is no way out of this he will most likely loose all will to live and make a last ditch effort for many reason's could be honourbound he could be staying behind to hold them up so his friends have more time to get out of there or he could just be insane.

Number 6 yes because every faction would train there troops differently drummers keep the sound of marching constant to give people a means to focus on that sound a horn blow would be a alerting sound to make people more coherent and also could cause fear in the enemy.

Number 7 As I said before try to keep in the theme of the narrative or you become that guy and as someone said just because you can do something does not mean you should that's like saying someone who has 2 nagash models and use's them both sure he could use them but all they are proving is how much of a spoil sport they are.

Number 8 Okay people need to stop this with the hole summoning business first of all you don't need the model fielded to summon it warscrolls are there to show you how to play a unit or set that unit up it is NOT and I repeat NOT a physical object to the game the reason summoning is on that warscroll is because your summoning that unit and the rules are there not a additional rule to the game remember kids there is no warscroll limit to the game it was a community house ruling that everyone seems to worship...

Play the game in the spirit of fun enjoy the game for what it is stop trying to turn it into something it is not this is age of sigmar not old world let go of the ties to the old world and embrace age of sigmar if your unhappy with this games ruling you have two options that is play kings of war or play 8th edition.
    Last edited by Xaric; 08-05-2015 at 02:38 AM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Except you can't summon anything unless the Summoning Spell is on the Wizard's own Warscroll.

Knowing the spell and being able to cast the spell are two separate things. The rules say so.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Incorrect "Chaos Wizards know the Summon (named of a daemon from daemon warscroll) spell, in addition to any others they know." no where does it say it has to be accepted into the game as a fielded model and as I have said time and time again a warscroll is not a physical object in the game it is a means to give rules and a means to construct the unit with the rules it provides unless you can find somewhere in the rules that clearly states you must have a model on the field to use the content of that warscroll.

The only time you would be required to accommodate a rule if the core rules state so and as for choosing realms and terrain they are the only rules that state additional ruling to current games of age of sigmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Except you can't summon anything unless the Summoning Spell is on the Wizard's own Warscroll.

Knowing the spell and being able to cast the spell are two separate things. The rules say so.
    No they don't. The rules say (for example for a Daemon Prince) that CHAOS WIZARDS (nice two keywords eh, keywords are good, they make things easy, you just match up keywords) can cast SUMMON DAEMON PRINCE on an 8.

There is absolutely no where in any of the rules which say that wizards with the chaos keyword do not get this spell. Ergo they have the spell.

What ever is house ruled for tournaments or your games is fine, but RAW they have that spell.

It's perfectly reasonably to comp summoning, the best solution I've found is to limit the Chaos Lord's ability to a reasonable amount of wounds, and restrict summoning to one success per turn.

First-Captain

Its about permission. Rules need to be permissive, ie they tell you how to play, and thats what you can do, rather than excluding all the things you can't do.

Because of that, without the warscroll, you don't have the spell because nothing is giving you permission to have that spell. I do think the intention is that you can summon regardless but I can see why the way its written isn't clear either way.

And FAQ that states in the spells section that Wizards know the Summoning Spells would fix that

Decide between you and your opponent, roll off if you don't agree.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 08-05-2015 at 07:27 AM.

The house rule I came up with personally feel free to use it I got this idea from video games.

A model that can summon can only summon and maintain the amount of units by half there casting of spell amount rounding up for example.
    nagash can only ever summon 4 and maintain 4 units a time in the event he summons 2 monster/hero's they count as 1 maintain slot.

If however you use the same summon spell as the wizard it will refresh the already summoned monster to max wounds/model count as if it was just summoned.

New spell Unbind summon every wizard has this spell it has a 14" range
    Unbinding when used on the summoner choose one of his summons then you must roll as if to summon it this will be the value needed to unbind the summon but like normal spells the enemy wizard can unbind this by beating the number for example.

Summoning zombies is a +4 for a unit to unbind this you must roll a +4 models removed in this manner do not add to the death toll as they are simply banished back to where they came from.

If in the event summons have twin values to double up the same applies to removal when it comes to unbinding summon.

But in the event that the summoner is killed all summoned units under his control will also vanish and these add to the death toll as to say a magical feedback where there summoner dies is sent to all the monsters under his control explode.
    Last edited by Xaric; 08-05-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123