BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Allies without the Allied Detachment

Please correct me if I misunderstand this, but it seems to me that you can take allies without using the Allied Detachment in the rulebook.
    Is that correct?

Mostly looking at Craftworld Eldar and Harlequins, but I understand some of the new Mechanicus codices don't have HQ's either.
    You would just have to use the Harlequin detachment if building a Battle-Forged list, right?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

that is correct.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Oh, and I just realized that Formations are detachments (p121) so I could even just take any of the Harlequin Formations as my ally.
    Hooray!
    Thanks, daboarder (I also love Infinity).

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    Oh, and I just realized that Formations are detachments (p121) so I could even just take any of the Harlequin Formations as my ally.
    Hooray!
    Thanks, daboarder (I also love Infinity).
    no problems man (and yeah its a great game, really enjoying it)

and yes, you are correct in that you can just include whatever formations you desire in your army, even up to and including come the apocalyse allies.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.