BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

I don't think you can really try to point cost a unit by saying if its bigger it cant get as many attacks on a smaller unit so should be cheaper. Because thats only valid against a smaller unit. Against a not-small unit, they'd be getting all of their attacks.

Also with something like say skeleton spears which have a 2" reach I can get 25 of them to attack against 10 models and depending on setup even more.

EDIT: also even if a small unit of 10 models keyholes its way in so only 10 skeletons can attack, those 10 skeletons would still have 3 attacks a piece if hte unit was 30 or more, so they are getting 30 attacks to the unit they are fightings base attack value (whatever that is).
    Last edited by Auticus; 11-20-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Clarification: Any ability that a model has to bring forth models that a player does not have to buy on their initial roster counts as summoning; its not limited to just summoning spells.
    If any abilities that brings forth new units counts as summoning, how does it work with a 1 thrown for the battleshock test with Daemons units? How many can the ability bring?

Example
    Plague Drones 5 for 3
    As a 5 point caster they can get 3 "Units".
    1)Does "Units" correspond to "Models" in this example ie can they "summon" 3 units of 1D3 size to their unit via 1's on the battleshock or can they summon up to 3 models?

Plus another can of worms happened with this clarification and the optional rules.
    Summoned units may not themselves summon
    2) So what happens when I get a 1 on the battleshock test with a Daemon unit that consists only of "summoned" (both by magic and by 1's on battleshock) units?

Thanks for the clarifications .

5 for 3 is 3 models.

Battleshock and demons does not count as summoning. Its more in line with healing banners that the undead get. Summoning is when one model uses an ability like a spell or power to bring in whole new units.

Thank You for the clarification .

Two more things:

1) When the summoning caster dies, do the summoned units stay on the battlefield or disappear with the caster who is sustaining them?
    2) Is there a possibility to get a printable version of the rules (without the background)? The blue background really hurts the ink supplies and makes it much harder to read on a B&W Kindle.

The core rules don't really say what happens to the summoned units. I think it would be cool if the summoned units would disappear with the caster but I suspect if a poll were taken amongst those that still play A.O.S that that question would generate a lot of ....er... "discussion"...

there is a reformat coming soon. I am pushing out Azyr Empires which is a campaign system that uses Azyr comp and I am tablifying a lot of the data and having to add a few extra columns (core units, level of the heroes etc) to go with what the new campaign system needs.

There's no suggestion in the rules that summoned units require the caster to remain on the table.

However, in a way linked to that, the forthcoming Gaunt Summoner seems to have cleared up who has summoning spells and when.

He has a special rule that as long as he is within X" of a Realmgate he can summon any Chaos Daemon unit.

Now, if you follow the 'all spells, all the time' line of thinking, then that special rule in itself because utterly superfluous.

Note that the rule does not specify 'can only summon units if within 9" of a Realmgate'. If it did, this would suggest an additional mechanism to allow this specific model to summon.

I checked the general Daemon Warscrolls earlier, and in order to be able to summon, you need only be a Chaos, Wizard. No God-Specific alignment required, again dealing with a possible counter that this rule removes a requirement from the casting spell.

Therefore, I can only conclude 'all spells all the time' is incorrect, and until a unit is on the board, it is not part of your army, whether or not you have the models and Warscrolls stashed away. If you haven't deployed say, Bloodletters, you can't summon Bloodletters, unless your model is a Gaunt Summoner within 9" of a Realmgate

Apologies in advance if this hijacks the thread - if it does, I'll start a new thread entirely and alter this post.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Initiate

Hey it seems there is something wrong with the seraphon.. I can't select "Seraphon" in the Army selection. Also, the Lizardman selection is empty..
    https://twitter.com/SaphyronCQ/

If you are referring to the app, that is probably going to go away. I developed that before I knew GW was going to have their own and with them renaming everything, that requires me to go in and change code / xml files every change. I renamed the lizardmen to seraphon but the code for the app is looking for "lizardmen" which is why its behaving how it is. Apologies.

Mr. Mystery - definitely a good post. That was originally how Azyr worked as well (you had to have the unit in your list) but as you know from the facebook discussions (you are in the same groups as I am) there are good posts on both sides. The thing that caused me to change my thinking on this was that the GW events have worked that way as well (you can summon whatever).

Honestly it can go either way, I just want a standard in the games that I play without having to have the discussion every game GW doesn't do FAQs so... thats probably how it will remain.

Hello Auticus! In a recent turnament (20 point azyr) we face a Nurgle army that use the Blighted Warband formation... the army was very solid even on normal condition and the special rules from the formation (-1 to hit for ALL the units) make them really scary.
    The formation is only 1 pt in Azyr ... and seem to us a little low for the bonus you get. What do you think?
    As always, thanks for your work in the comp!!
    Best
    T

Formations definitely need a lot of playtesting. They are very difficult to point correctly.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast