BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

I'm not really arguing your point because if you like it the way you describe I am all for you having fun in whatever way you see fit.

I have no desire to do things that way. None of that is fun to me. If I lived in an area where that was my only way to play AoS, I'd abandon it and find something else.

Sudden Death is to me one of the worst things I have ever encountered in terms of how they've done it. The idea is ok, but how it is executed is very poor. Especially coupled with summoning. The only other mechanic that is worse in my opinion is the way summoning works. Summoning out of the box lets people bring 2-3 models, hide them , claim sudden death, then summon an entire army that outnumbers their opponent. I've watched that game about a dozen times down at the store, it is not something I want to participate in.

Games that go beyond 6 turns don't interest me because I don't have all day to dedicate to a game. Thats the point of why I use turn limits. Fighting to the death every game is not a game I enjoy or want to participate in.

So while I respect the way you enjoy the game, and you'll never see me haunt other threads telling people otherwise, the way you play is a giant turn off to how I want to play and if I had to play that way I would not be playing any longer. I am playing the way I want to play, and sharing it with others who may be interested. If not interested, thats fine with me, I'm not trying to tell the world how to play, just give it an alternate idea for those interested. No one is going to convince me otherwise in how I have fun and don't have fun though. Age of Sigmar out of the box is one of the most not-fun games I have ever encountered for the reasons I have outlined before several times so I made it fun for me.

If we want a thread discussing the merits and disadvantages of comp, lets create one of those and keep this thread, which I use to update people on changes, free of that discussion please.

It's almost as if they're doing summoning wrong

No, not prising that box of frogs open again. As you correctly said, to each their own.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

That, dear chap, sounds eminently fair.
    And I'm 100% with you on one point, to the death without turn limits is indeed dull.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51cgo22zhRw[/url]

Battle #3 20 pts aelves, 20 pts khorne vs 40 pts of seraphon in a tactical objective match

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    I think the fundemental difference here is that we've abandoned "balanced" and embraced the idea the unbalanced games can be awesome.
    When we look back in history... how many great battles were really balanced?

- Napoleon's greatest victory was Austerlitz where he was outnumbered 73,000 to 85,000 men.
    - Hannibal's greatest victory was Cannae where he was outnumbered 50,000 to 80,000.
    - Robert E. Lee's greatest defensive victory was Chancellorsville where he was outnumbered 61,000 to 133,000.
    - The Defense of Rorke's Drift - 150 British vs 3-4000 Zulu warriors.

From the Battle of Plataea to Operation Iraqi Freedom, you just don't find the term "balanced" as a descriptor. In fact, war and battles are unbalanced affairs where numbers alone do not determine the outcome.

Yet so many folks insist on "balance" on the table top... so strange.

Some people just prefer it, which is entirely fair enough. It makes organising games a bit more straight forward, as you just agree a points limit.

However, some seem to use it as an excuse for when they lose a game.

Unbalanced scenarios can be a hoot - as long as both players are aware that one of them has their work cut out.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Guys can we please take the comp / balance debate to its own thread?

Hi Auticus! Thanks in delay for your answer. I see your point and think that the comp is globally a winning system... and more test and game we play more it will be better and balanced. He bring back the fun of the army composition of the old WHF but without all the limitations. Hope to see new reports and news soon. Thanks for your work. Best

Thanks - things have calmed down a bit. There is a minor tweak to executioners coming and other then that GW is now moving units around so people are asking to reorg the file so that the khorne units are removed from the warriors of chaos etc.

Any reason there is no points cost for Nurgle's Deluge?

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast