BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Awesome! I was just checking... There is so much going on every turn its kind of expected to do a bunch things wrong haha I just thought that was a big one cause the mortal wounds thane suffered from it. Thane might have had a fighting chance to win that game last man standing BSB and all. Could have been an epic story for your scenario. But Duardin won by points anyway, so it's a moot point.

Very true very true it would have been cooler if he had survived to tell the tale. Good to remember for next time

We had our 550th playtest game submitted so I thought I'd show the overall win percentages of each force so far.

Vampire Counts: 62.35%
    Stormcast: 61.48%
    Ogres: 58.63%
    Tomb Kings: 56.99%
    Skaven: 55.53%
    High Elves: 54.14%
    Empire: 53.90%
    Dark Elves: 52.16%
    Lizardmen: 50.42%
    Daemons: 50.37%
    Warriors of Chaos: 48.01%
    Dwarves: 47.69%
    Orcs and Goblins: 47.15%
    Wood Elves: 45.82%
    Beastmen: 45.65%
    Bloodbound: 43.02%
    Bretonnia: 39.49%

Nice. That suggests a decent level of balance.

I'm curious - do you have data on the number of games played by different armies/how many armies in testing? (i.e. there are three testers that play Bretonnians, ten who play Empire.)

I do not have that raw data no, I've been mainly keeping track of wins overall as well as dumping complaints into a column to see where patterns match to prioritize unit examination. There are indeed less players in some armies than others so its not a perfect set of even data, but thats because I don't have a perfect set of playtesters in regards to numbers all being the same. I also lack the ability to watch most of their games to see what's going on in the losses.

Large change.

Added: Skarbrand, Skullgrinder, Slaughterpriest

Chaos Lord - +1 point due to summoning (now 3)
    Undead banners - now officially +1 point per banner per unit selection. Ex: chariots are 2 pts for 3. Taking 1 choice is 3 pts for 3. Taking 2 pts would be 6 pts for 6 etc
    The following items have been lowered from 3 points for 5 to 2 points for 5 (tier cleanup)
    Executioners, Silver Helms, Wolf riders, spider riders, Tomb Guard, Shades, Gutter Runners, Marauder Horse, Jezzails, Mounted Yeoman, Knights Errant, Stormvermin, Chameleon Skinks

Dragon Princes - from 1 for 1 to 4 for 5

Hex Wraiths from 3 for 5 to 4 for 5
    Bloodwrack Medusae - from 1 pt to 2 pts
    Beasts of Nurgle - from 1 pt to 2 pts
    Necrotect - from 1 pt to 2 pts

[url]www.louisvillewargaming.com[/url] - Resources tab

If someone is fielding units from multiple factions do you record a win to each of the factions, or just the one with the most points in the list?

They typically post the primary army is X. We don't have many of those though, the vast majority have been pure armies. I do play my games primarily bloodbound with a demon unit or two but mark the wins as bloodbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    I do not have that raw data no, I've been mainly keeping track of wins overall as well as dumping complaints into a column to see where patterns match to prioritize unit examination.
    Darn, would've been neat to see. Still, you're already going way above and beyond the call of duty, considering this is purely a labour of love.

Also out of curiosity - the Chaos Lord getting pumped to 3 pts due to summoning. Was that intended to strengthen or weaken him? Linking a model's "summoning cap" to its points value is an intriguing decision, since raising a summoning unit's points value is no longer a purely negative change. I like that - mechanically simple, but still gives the player something to chew on when considering it.

Well pumping him to 3 pts was meant to weaken him overall. Lot of complaints that at 2 pts he was basically the same physically as a dwarf lord but the dwarf lord was 3 pts and the chaos lord could summon to boot, so raised him to 3 to exclude him from skirmish level games.

The downside was indeed he can now summon two units instead of one but takes up one more point on your hero allowance.