BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default There may be more survivors than we thought - Warbeast Spoiler.

First up, this thread will contain a spoiler for Warbeast.

I've not finished reading the novel myself yet, so I can't say how significant a spoiler it might be.

But here we go, with the relevant side-bar proof spoiler tags....spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

So, this character in Warbeast eh?

Can exert control over snow and ice, possibly more. Realm of Ghur. Able to use a Realmgate to shift their palace/domicile slightly out of kilter with the rest of the realm (a fold or pocket type affair). There's rumours in Ghur they were a deity in The-World-That-Was. People they don't really want to approach their Holdfast become living ice statues (as in frozen in place, but still alive). Any she tires of, forgives or what have you, receive an icicle through the heart.

And it's a She......

Ring any bells?

No?

Took me a while, and I was reading the book itself!

Might help that it desriber her home as a tower with a golden, onion shaped top.....and her chosen champion was previously known as 'Bear Clad'. The place names are all Ursus (bear) based. Everything is very, very Kislevite in origin.

Now that to me is sounding awfully like Tzarina Katarin of Kislev, or at the very least some aspect of her, or indeed, the aspect she previously embodied.

The last we heard of her during End Times was that she refused to leave Kislev - and was therefore assumed dead. But when you're quite possibly part-powered by the landscape, and there's that much magic flying about, who knows what could've happened to her?

If I'm right....who else might have survived that we're yet to hear about?
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 04-27-2016 at 02:03 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

The Ice Queen would be a very cool character to incorporate into the new setting, she'd fit right in. I dunno which other characters might have survived but if I was compiling a wislist ther's a few I know I'd love to see in the new setting (with cool new models for them naturally):

Arbaal the Undefeated: Yeah he's another Khorne character but a truly awesome one riding a giant Fleshhound, would make for a great centerpiece model for an Bloodbound army.

Alith Anar: I can see him having survived somehow, what with being champion of two of the old Elven Gods and a stone cold badass to boot.

Azazel: A daemon prince so very much doubt he died anyway, and no Chaos character has as long or as bitter a hatred of Sigmar as he does.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

First and Third are long gone rules wise - not even sure if Arbaal is canon anymore?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Just asked Gav Thorpe on his FB feed.

It is indeed she herself! At least, part of her is....

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    First and Third are long gone rules wise - not even sure if Arbaal is canon anymore?
    Yeah I know they are, my point was more that could be brought back and would fit nicely in to the current setting. They are cool character concepts, especially Arbaal.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Cool

Just asked Gav Thorpe on his FB feed.

It is indeed she herself! At least, part of her is....
    She survived due to the continued existence of what was left of the old Kislevite bear god Ursun.

Arbaal was canon in Warhammer: Fantasy Battle and thus was part of the history of the World that was. If I remember correctly he was present at the Siege of Praag and was responsible for breaking down its gates, thus ending the siege. It is said he claimed a thousand skulls that day.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; 05-27-2016 at 12:52 PM.