BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    I do not have that raw data no, I've been mainly keeping track of wins overall as well as dumping complaints into a column to see where patterns match to prioritize unit examination.
    Darn, would've been neat to see. Still, you're already going way above and beyond the call of duty, considering this is purely a labour of love.

Also out of curiosity - the Chaos Lord getting pumped to 3 pts due to summoning. Was that intended to strengthen or weaken him? Linking a model's "summoning cap" to its points value is an intriguing decision, since raising a summoning unit's points value is no longer a purely negative change. I like that - mechanically simple, but still gives the player something to chew on when considering it.

Well pumping him to 3 pts was meant to weaken him overall. Lot of complaints that at 2 pts he was basically the same physically as a dwarf lord but the dwarf lord was 3 pts and the chaos lord could summon to boot, so raised him to 3 to exclude him from skirmish level games.

The downside was indeed he can now summon two units instead of one but takes up one more point on your hero allowance.

Auticus: thank you very much for this labour of love that you have created. My local gaming group are currently in the midst of Tale of 6 Gamers for 40K but we are looking at doing one for AoS next and this will be the template we use for the month by month army building.

It's nice to see someone else giving AoS the chance to be great. Thank you again and keep up the good work.

Cool let me know how it goes!

In a recent game I've encountered Cave Squigs. Those things are insane for their points (1 for 10). In a mere skirmish (10 points) You can field 100 of them with 20 (free!) herders (2 per each 10 Squigs). Making a total of 200 wounds hitting from 2 rows on 5+/4+ (+1 because of herders), wounding on 3+ with D3 wounds each. Rend on top of it. PLUS when they escape thanks to their low bravery they also do a mortal wound on a 4+ for each. Herders attacks from behind are the icing on this cake :P. Sick.
    Good thing My friend didn't go overboard and fielded only 20 of them. 2 points that went through my whole army ... With a little help from Skarsnik, who let them attack twice every turn.

2 questions/requests:
    Could You take a look at their cost/value ratio?
    Are the free herders 2 for each 10 Squigs You field or 2 for each individual unit? So if someone fields one unit of 100 He gets 20 free handlers or 2?

Keep up the good work, trying to balance this abomination of a game GW served us.
    Last edited by FAZIK; 10-06-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I will look at the squigs when I get a chance.

Added official format to ignore slot restrictions if you want to just use as many heroes as you want etc

Clarified models NOT within 3" of an enemy may fire at whatever they want thats valid instead of if they are in a unit engaged in combat due to some gamey situations where 5 small models were able to block an entire unit of 40 models from shooting out of combat.

Cave Squigs up a point
    Ogres up a point
    Chaos ogres up a point
    Chaos Plague Ogres up a point
    Shamans up a point (NG and regular)

Currently at 589 playtested games. Looking to report the 600th win/loss percentage soon.

[url]www.louisvillewargaming.com[/url] -> resources tab

Hello Auticus! I would like to thank you and your team for the incredible job with AoS. In my local store in Italy we all use the Azyr comp, and with all the constant updates and errata you have created a very balance and fun system...and the rules for the summoning (one of the most debated argument) are also viable in all of the different game.

I have just a thing that i wont to ask you... since I play a wood elves army (from the 5th edition :S) and i test it in several AoS game (from 10 pt to 30 pt) i found the Wilde Riders a little overprice (4 for 5) for they actual use in the game. Is true that they are (in theory) the WE elite cavalry, but the fact that do not have rend or damage bonus (not even in the charge and not even near Orion), in the current meta they can do less then a standard unit of Knight of the realm (3 for 5) or Errant (2 for 5) or the Silver Helms (2 for 5). One valuable way to use them is in combo with Orion (because the do not test bravery) or with the lord on stag (the are really fast) but they still are not really a treat, 5+ save no rend and 1 dmg is very little for an elite cav. What do you think?

Thanks again for all your job with Azyr!! Best from Italy

Every model goes through a formula which takes into account saves, movement, wounds, bravery, and how much damage on average they do to a 4+ save model.

The wild rider's score came out to fit into the 4 pts for 5 model tier because of the combination of the above and their average damage output. (for example wild riders can run AND charge (this is not in thei rpoints cost) and have 2 attacks hit 3 wound 4 and 2 attacks hit 4 wound 4 vs a silver helm which has 1 attack hit 4 wound 4 and 2 attacks hit 4 wound 5 - the wild rider simply does more damage just off of that alone on average plus has greater reach due to move and charge). This greater damage gives them a higher score, which put them into the tier that they are in.

I don't see things in terms of elite or not elite and do not point cost things based on elite or not elite, I see them in terms of their math and what their scores come out to be and then fitting those scores into their proper tier. Wild riders are at the bottom of the 4 for 5 tier, which means that their score was just a little too high to be 3 for 5 and moving tiers around to accommodate one unit means messing up all of the other units that come out similar.

Quote Originally Posted by FAZIK View Post
    Are the free herders 2 for each 10 Squigs You field or 2 for each individual unit? So if someone fields one unit of 100 He gets 20 free handlers or 2?
    So how is it? Since they are still great value for points .

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast