BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

nice work yet again looking forward to this

Coding is done! Just have the data entry stuff now.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    This seems like screaming ab-dab madness but as long as you're having fun, go for it!
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Dunno about madness, Azyr Comp's the best go at putting a points cost to Age of Sigmar I've seen so far!

Librarian

Oh don't get me wrong, I applaud anyone's efforts to salvage what they feel they can from ZPG, me and mine have simply avoided the issue by not engaging with it. I don't like the Sigmarite background or aesthetic, I can't even convince myself to use them as Bangle Sanguinary Terminators, cos really, I just don't need that (m)any more.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

i am with you cutter on setting we are using old minis in the "old world" & its good fun

I joined this Forum to tahnk you efforts to make out of AoS a playbale and scaleable game.

I made only one test game yet, but I am wondering why the Hammerers for the Dwarves are so expensive with 4 for 5?

As expensive as Chaos knights who can do everything better with three Hp per? This I do not understand, but maybe you might explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    Hmm I answeed already in this thread but it did not work somehow.

Ok again, thank you Auticus for your fine work.

I have a question though, why are Dwarf Hammerers rated like Chaos Knight while having only 1 wound not 3 having much less movement, only two instead of three attacks?

Thanks for explaining this.

Quote Originally Posted by SerialMoM View Post
    I joined this Forum to tahnk you efforts to make out of AoS a playbale and scaleable game.

I made only one test game yet, but I am wondering why the Hammerers for the Dwarves are so expensive with 4 for 5?

As expensive as Chaos knights who can do everything better with three Hp per? This I do not understand, but maybe you might explain this?
    Everything in the game went through a math formula that spit out their effective score. This involved calculating score based on average bravery, armor save, movement values, wounds, and then how much average damage a model could do to a 4+ save model with all of its attacks. On top of that added points for flying, wizard spells cast per turn, if a model that was not a wizard could summon, if it was immune to battleshock, etc. This returned a score which was applied universally to all models. The scores were then put into a tier which is a range of scores, which is where the points come from. Example: tier 1 unit is 1 for 10. tier 1 hero is 1 point.

Chaos knights don't do everything better than hammerers. Hammerers do more average damage than a chaos knight does. A chaos knight gets more attacks but the hammerers hit better, wound better, and have rending. Hammerers are also essentially immune to battleshock while near a hero, which is a huge thing in this game, whereas chaos knights can lose models to battle shock.

Then there is the concept of tiers. People are used to precision points, which this system is not trying to represent at all.

A tier encompasses a range of scores. That means for example models that score 1-10 may be tier 1, 11-20 tier 2, 21-30 tier 3, etc.

A chaos knight sitting at 18 points would be tier 2, and a hammerer at 21 points would be tier 3, even though they are only 3 points seperated. But you have to draw the line somewhere.

I've had many many games vs dwarves now with my chaos army and I will say my chaos knights have been shattered by hammerers nearly every time.
    Last edited by Auticus; 08-04-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Thank you for your reply.

Still by just comparing the damage the 5 chaos knights would do to the 5 Hammerers which cost exactly the same . 1.5 wound per knight (5 attacks) means after saves nearly 4 dead Hammerers. One Hammerer would roughly do 8/9 wound of which 1/3 is saved by armour, so around 0.6 wound for the knights. If we suggest that the 5 Hammerers would charge they would maybe kill one knight by doing nearly 3 damage, 4 knights still would kill 3 Hammerers back, next turn the Hammerers are gone.

Yes the army does exist only of these troops but to equal a 1 wound 2 attack mini with a three wound five attack mini is for me still wrong. I play Chaos and Dwarves so I am just took an example where I am familiar with the units and really do not understand the results of your formula. Maybe the influence of having multiple wounds is undervalued by your formulas?

Ok enough from me, your system is still the best I know so far, and if you can improve it I am happy, if not my Hammerers will not see a lot of battles And
    i still will be happy.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast