BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Can the TETTO’EKO's ability Cosmic Herald (below) ability be used to re-roll Your enemies dice?

In your hero phase, Tetto’eko can attempt to scry the future. Both you and your opponent secretly place a dice to show any number, then reveal them. You gain as many insights as the number on your dice – however, if your opponent’s dice shows the same number, Tetto’eko misreads the portents that are revealed and your opponent gains the insights instead! Each insight can be used to re-roll any single dice before your next hero*phase.
    Last edited by FAZIK; 12-11-2015 at 10:25 AM.

I'd say yes based on that wording. It doesn't specify which dice so - any dice it is.

We played this way too .
    But that ability is soooo good. You can be sure that You win Your turns (You can re-roll Your low die, and Your enemy must re-roll His high one), failed charges everywhere. Well Lizards need every bit of help They can get anyway .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FrontLogo.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	271.4 KB 
ID:	16692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pageCapture.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	16693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pageCapture2.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	16694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pageCapture3.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	16695

Azyr Empires! Hopefully coming by end of year. Campaign system in the Age of Sigmar using Azyr Comp.

Version 1.9 - archaon book.

Max Points for 50 pt games increased to 20 to account for the new Archaon

Beastman Shaman – increased from 1 to 2 Mortar – increased from 1 to 2

Archaon the Everchosen – 20 pts Varanguard – 3 pts for 1 model Gaunt

Summoner of Tzeentch – 3 pts

Archaon’s Grand Host, Overlords of Chaos, Bloodmarked Warband, Plaguetouched Warband, Fatesworn Warband, and Pleasurebound Warband formations

For some undead units, the cost of the healing banners was a little unfair. Example: Grave Guard paying 1 pt for 5 models is a bit steep. Made it so infantry pay 1 pt for 10 models, cavalry 1 pt for 5 models, and all others like chariots 1 pt for 3 models in the unit.

Upcoming 2.0 change will be soon to account for the new Azyr Empires campaign format.

[url]www.louisvillewargaming.com/Files/AzyrComp.pdf[/url]

A specific reason? no... GW removing units and assimilating them into other units means that I'm probably going to miss some things.

Azyr Comp v 1.10 is live.

Added Summoning Points to event rules change

Ripperdactyls mistakenly listed as 1 for 1, should be 4 for 3.
    Knight Vexillor for Stormcast Eternals raised from 2 pts to 3 pts to account for his teleporting
    Skaven Plague Catapult bumped from 2 points to 3 to account for the extra D6 damage it does to larger formations
    Fyreslayers added to the comp
    New format for upcoming Azyr Empires used for Fyreslayer layout (core is used to denote core units for Azyr Empires, Stars the level requirements)

Thank you everyone that has contributed with playtest data.

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    Azyr Comp v 1.10 is live.

Added Summoning Points to event rules change

Ripperdactyls mistakenly listed as 1 for 1, should be 4 for 3.
    Knight Vexillor for Stormcast Eternals raised from 2 pts to 3 pts to account for his teleporting
    Skaven Plague Catapult bumped from 2 points to 3 to account for the extra D6 damage it does to larger formations
    Fyreslayers added to the comp
    New format for upcoming Azyr Empires used for Fyreslayer layout (core is used to denote core units for Azyr Empires, Stars the level requirements)

Thank you everyone that has contributed with playtest data.
    I really like many ideas in this comp and things about it. It has some interesting things that really seem to make sense. However, the reason me and others I play with still don't use this comp is because of the shooting restrictions. With the silly short ranges in this game you would think they would be aiming at their targets in melee not blindly shoot arrows. Some units have ranges of 6-12" which with this camp makes them completely useless.

To compound this is the -1 bravery penalty you now have to track the entire game and I am not sure if it cumulative. I think if you moved these shooting rules to the optional rules section far more people would use this comp. Most of the comps rules all seem useful to balancing games. It's just the shooting rules that are adding rules for no particular reason other than preference and should thus be placed in the optional rules section.

While I'm not too worried about the -1 Bravery part (losing it), I cannot ever play a game where I can lob an explosive shell into a mob of warriors fighting in melee and magically only hurt my opponent's guys.

That is probably the most immersion breaking part of the game RAW that I just can't live with.

Same with the silly shooting out of combat. If I have a unit engaged in melee, it is not going to stop fighting that unit to draw its missile weapons and shoot at another unit 15" away from it. That is absurd to me.

The only thing keeping me interested is being able to play against people that don't do this. Otherwise, I'd be sitting on my thumbs waiting for another fantasy ruleset to roll around. I have one of my own I wrote but without it being from an official company, I'm playing with myself.

Off topic I am developing that ruleset as a PC game... so I have an AI to play against

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    While I'm not too worried about the -1 Bravery part (losing it), I cannot ever play a game where I can lob an explosive shell into a mob of warriors fighting in melee and magically only hurt my opponent's guys.

That is probably the most immersion breaking part of the game RAW that I just can't live with.

Same with the silly shooting out of combat. If I have a unit engaged in melee, it is not going to stop fighting that unit to draw its missile weapons and shoot at another unit 15" away from it. That is absurd to me.

The only thing keeping me interested is being able to play against people that don't do this. Otherwise, I'd be sitting on my thumbs waiting for another fantasy ruleset to roll around. I have one of my own I wrote but without it being from an official company, I'm playing with myself.

Off topic I am developing that ruleset as a PC game... so I have an AI to play against
    I can understand your concerns on long range missiles 13"+. However, short ranged stuff such as a crossbow is similar to a gun and aimed at an individual not at a blob. No one at that range is blindly firing into their own troops. Maybe, the rule should only apply for weapons with a range over 13"+

I agree with not being able to shoot at unit across the board if you are in melee with a unit. You should only be allowed to shoot at the unit within 3". However, are you required to split wounds when you do this?

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast