BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

'Ere....where's me rules for the gribblies in Storm of Magic eh?

I've got me a Cockatrice (stop laughing at the back) that wants an outing!

And yeah. Seriously people. If you're on the fence, give it a bash. Disavow yourself that it's anything like WHFB, and just play it for it is. Won't be for everyone, but you may just find its got far more depth than it looks!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    'Ere....where's me rules for the gribblies in Storm of Magic eh?

I've got me a Cockatrice (stop laughing at the back) that wants an outing!
    Cockatrice rules are in the Warriors of Chaos PDF.

Found them! Ta dude
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Disavow yourself that it's anything like WHFB, and just play it for it is. Won't be for everyone, but you may just find its got far more depth than it looks!
    I've said this repeatedly but I feel the need to quote you and repeat it. Don't compare the game to WFB. Play the game for what it is, not what it is replacing.

(That aside, I still don't understand why GW didn't keep Fantasy around as a third product. I'll always be a little upset that they didn't finish putting out all of the army books in hardback)
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Karl Franz is a bit of a beast, but I had enough Ironguts left to beat Deathclaw to bloody ruin. Indeed Ironguts are horribly, horribly hard. Mashed their way through Greatswords, Knights of the Blazing Sun and of course Karl Franz, and still had two out of seven left over!
    I'm curious, how did you come to the conclusion to field seven of them and not five or ten or any other given number?

Honestly? Not sure it was an entirely conscious decision.

I've played Ogres since 8th Ed came out, and all GW Staffers were given a free Batallion of our choosing. Started with their original book, and then squealed with joy when their second book came out and we got serious toys to play with.

So to my mind, Ironguts should be a small part of the army, albeit a really hard one.

I fielded two units of 8 Ogre Bulls (one with Ironfists, one with Two Clubs) and 7 Ironguts just felt 'right'. Ideally I'd have fielded an 8th, spesh as I have 18 or 20 of them (honestly cannot remember how many!), and I did forget to give them a banner bearer (banner of the Great Maw is fun!)

But given like everyone else I'm still a relative novice at AoS, I just put out what I thought looked like a fun challenge, rather than an uphill struggle for my opponent. 16 Bulls, 7 Ironguts, 8 Leadbelchers (well good!), Tyrant, Bruiser with Banner* and a Thundertusk certainly proved that!

Bruiser with Banner is a conversion. Pirate Maneater with the top and bottom of the anchor lopped off and replaced with plastic banner parts, topped off with a 'taxidermy' High Elf Griffon from IoB. One day I'll get him painted!

With hindsight, I still feel 7 Ironguts was about right for the smallish (I dunno how I'm quantifying that statement though!) game. 3 attacks each, hitting on 4+, wounding 3+, Rend -1 then Damage 3 goes through most units horrifyingly quickly. In the second round, only 4 failed saves on the Greatswords - my opponent lost 12 models to that....unusually horrible, I trust you'll agree!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 07-13-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234