That was a pretty cool game, despite my (now binned and replaced) dice doing their best to do me over!

Karl Franz is a bit of a beast, but I had enough Ironguts left to beat Deathclaw to bloody ruin. Indeed Ironguts are horribly, horribly hard. Mashed their way through Greatswords, Knights of the Blazing Sun and of course Karl Franz, and still had two out of seven left over!

You really need to pick your fights when it comes to combat. My opponent blobbed it with his Greatswords, allowing my Ironguts to swing first for the second round in a row, and got obliterated.

Monsters are rather good fun. Thundertusk knackered a Great Cannon, Helblaster, some Halberdiers and then flattened some Crossbowmen in a single turn. Being able to shoot in and out of combat, added to being able to freely split shooting attacks is interesting.

As for combats themselves, not much has really changed. They last about the same amount of time as in 8th, and it's kind of nice to not have units legging it after a close round and a bad Ld roll.

Looking forward to my next game!