BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should GW do to Slaanesh what they did to the Squats?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Slaanesh is too mature.

1 1.61%
  • Yes: Slaanesh was sleazy in a bad way.

4 6.45%
  • Yes: Slaanesh's models were bad.

1 1.61%
  • Yes: As long as it's replaced.

2 3.23%
  • Yes: Slaanesh was just too 80's to live.

2 3.23%
  • No: Slaanesh was cool!

6 9.68%
  • No: Slaanesh represents a mature aspect of the game I value.

12 19.35%
  • No: Slaanesh may be dumb, but it's pat of the game's heritage.

2 3.23%
  • No: Slaanesh is too critical to the fluff

27 43.55%
  • No: I hate retcons on principle

5 8.06%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

It would make no sense, you can't write the warp as a reflection of strong emotion and completely delete lust from it.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

Slaanesh should stay.
    Exhibit A:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noisemarinert.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	15021

Chapter-Master

it is difficult. Slaanesh might go, but I am not convinced by the reasoning put forward. I started Warhammer when I was 12 and Slaanesh was perfectly easy to understand, and didn't pose any sort of issue in terms of models or background. I don't think it is unsuitable, nor do I think they have actually over emphasised the lust part, I think that is just what people have fixated on.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Lord Tyrion captures Slaanesh
    New God take his/her place
    Retcon the birth of him/her in 40k to just being freed from captivity due to Eldar

I'm not sure it'll be anything like that....

Much more likely Slaanesh gets 'captured' then has a wee binge, scoffing so many Elves there's a shift in the general character of the God to becoming more Fey.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

If they got rid of slaanesh (which they haven't and probably won't) it would be because of what the immature fan base has turned slaanesh into, to most gamers, thanks to the 4chan/tg/ meme , slaanesh is a God of kinky sex and boobs and jokes about cocaine by people who've never taken coke in their lives.

Slaanesh in most gamers eyes is no longer about excess but sex and honestly, if that stops some kids from being allowed to do the hobby, we're better off without it.

Chapter-Master

Hopefully Slaanesh stays even if they find a way to filter out the ridiculously out of proportion sex and drugs aspect. The god's about all excess after all.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

There's no reason why a change in Age of Sigmar needs to mean a change in 40k, by the way, they're different (but possibly linked) universes. There's no need for a "retcon".
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

All I can really add so far is that the guy at my local store commented on how he's seen "new slaanesh models" coming and that I can point out the excerpt quote only says that Tyrion left to capture Slaanesh, not that he had. We'll probably see a redesign for 'Nesh, less adulty.

It's not like Slaanesh is even that big on sex, anyway. People only associate that because it's just the simplest thing. But the immaculate, prim and perfectly proper butler would worship to Slaanesh to be the Perfect Servant. The fat man in the age old Monty Python sketch who ate himself to explosion would be Slaanesh. Cenobites, the horror movie Leprechaun, Gremlins, the swordsmith Muramasa, all that reeks of Slaanesh.

Honestly, Khorne is the poster boy for Chaos, hell, the Star has 8 points. But even he had a facelift. I wouldn't be surprised if what we have happen is that Tyrion shows up only to find out Slaanesh had done the unthinkable and slaked his appetite, and evolved into something new and more dangerous. Actually, I'd love that.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    If they got rid of slaanesh (which they haven't and probably won't) it would be because of what the immature fan base has turned slaanesh into, to most gamers, thanks to the 4chan/tg/ meme , slaanesh is a God of kinky sex and boobs and jokes about cocaine by people who've never taken coke in their lives.
    Nah, this falls on the Studio, who's been treating Slaanesh this way since well before there were 4's to chan about.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast