BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should GW do to Slaanesh what they did to the Squats?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Slaanesh is too mature.

1 1.61%
  • Yes: Slaanesh was sleazy in a bad way.

4 6.45%
  • Yes: Slaanesh's models were bad.

1 1.61%
  • Yes: As long as it's replaced.

2 3.23%
  • Yes: Slaanesh was just too 80's to live.

2 3.23%
  • No: Slaanesh was cool!

6 9.68%
  • No: Slaanesh represents a mature aspect of the game I value.

12 19.35%
  • No: Slaanesh may be dumb, but it's pat of the game's heritage.

2 3.23%
  • No: Slaanesh is too critical to the fluff

27 43.55%
  • No: I hate retcons on principle

5 8.06%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    First-Captain

I blame Juan Diaz.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I blame Juan Diaz.
    I guess it's far easier to 'visual' the sexual aspect of Slaanesh in the models. I'm not really sure how one represents 'excess' in such a way as to make it distinct.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I guess it's far easier to 'visual' the sexual aspect of Slaanesh in the models. I'm not really sure how one represents 'excess' in such a way as to make it distinct.
    I really like the noise marines in 40k, the idea of sound and distortion being used in excess to produce a sonic experience so intense it can kill was pretty cool. It didn't have the sauciness but the aesthetic still screamed Slaanesh. The whips etc are cool too and although can be interpreted as kinky to adults aren't too obvious to kids. Boob horses on the other hand.

[URL=http://s844.photobucket.com/user/joenortonjones/media/ZRv5XoH.jpg.html][/URL]
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

the breasts weren't just about excess though, they were representative of the androgynous nature of slaanesh. aside from the tit snake.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Personally I have nothing against Slaanesh or the 'mature' imagery. Although I'll be honest: I always found Slaaneshi imagery about as mature as an episode of 'Bottom'. It seemed a lot like Slaanesh wasn't so much the god of excess as it was the god of gay panic. As far as representing sexuality or anything actually remotely sexual, it's up there with FATAL in terms of realistic representations of anything sexual human beings have ever done. And the fiends of Slaanesh have always looked stupid.

Positive things about Slaanesh include that daemonette head sculpt with the whoosy hair - amazing bit, that. Also anything related the Emperor's Children is pretty great, although they're a lot cooler pre-Heresy than they are after. Although that's mostly because there hasn't been a decent post-Heresy sculpt since f**king dinosaurs roamed the Earth rather than anything else.

I don't know. I think this is something I genuinely don't care about. Imprison Slaanesh, retcon it out of existence in the game... Wouldn't really matter. Yeah, it's a big part of the Eldar fluff, but just say 'The Eldar dare not even speak the name of She Who Thirsts' and leave it unnamed or something.

Slaanesh is one of those ideas where I think I'm always just massively disappointed it's not 'Hellraiser', because as someone earlier mentioned, at its heart, that's what Slaanesh should be: "explorers in the further regions of experience".
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

I voted no to retcons as a matter of principle - but seriously though. Whilst the imperium, xenocide and exterminates are still fluff, as is Khorne/Khaine and a Cauldron of Blood, and a hundred and one other elements of a WARgame are devoted to killing, I can't see why GW would feel Slaanesh is too mature and would put off little Timmy's mum... who probably has a well thumbed copy of 50 shades in her house.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Scout

Let's not forget the entirety of the Eldar split is based on a Slanenesh God.

It would be possible in a 40k 'end times' that the Harlequins attack and kill/displace Slanenesh allowing sometype of Eldar unification... or the re-birth of the Eldar as a dominate race in the Galaxy to begin the fight against the rising Necron threat or 'other' forces that could be coming in from beyond (like Nids).

I would say unlikely I think two possibility's one it possessed a major person in the setting and will reveal its self in time or it has impregnated a major female person in the interest of removing its restriction being of the realm of chaos and becoming a daemon child. remember slaanesh loves to deceive and trick for personal enjoyment but its a typical sort of thing in most films or fictional novels that a lust demon always seems to want to take control or impregnate a woman so they can be born into the world to remove there restrictions as a demon.

But really slaanesh got banished by the other gods to a fate worst then death... REHAB !!! that is like slaanesh personal hell lol

But people have also forgot the 5 chaos god the IP that GW cant have chaos god Malice/Malal here's a profile I believe of a warrior of malal.

[url]http://dreadaxe.pagesperso-orange.fr/Kaleb%20Daark%20CJ86.jpg[/url]
    Last edited by Xaric; 07-09-2015 at 03:52 PM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I blame Juan Diaz.
    Weren't they some of the best Slaanesh models we've had?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Weren't they some of the best Slaanesh models we've had?
    yes and no

while they are undoubtedly some of the most popular models, and they were amazingly well sculpted, the models themselves did not really follow the previously established aesthetic of slaanesh daemons.That was of course the way GW went with that whole generation of lesser daemons, but the switch back was not necessarily a bad thing. The biggest problem with the plastics is how ridiculously static the models are, if they were posed better (and you can see them around the internet converted) they would be one of the best kits GW produces.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast