BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should GW do to Slaanesh what they did to the Squats?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Slaanesh is too mature.

1 1.61%
  • Yes: Slaanesh was sleazy in a bad way.

4 6.45%
  • Yes: Slaanesh's models were bad.

1 1.61%
  • Yes: As long as it's replaced.

2 3.23%
  • Yes: Slaanesh was just too 80's to live.

2 3.23%
  • No: Slaanesh was cool!

6 9.68%
  • No: Slaanesh represents a mature aspect of the game I value.

12 19.35%
  • No: Slaanesh may be dumb, but it's pat of the game's heritage.

2 3.23%
  • No: Slaanesh is too critical to the fluff

27 43.55%
  • No: I hate retcons on principle

5 8.06%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I voted no to retcons as a matter of principle - but seriously though. Whilst the imperium, xenocide and exterminates are still fluff, as is Khorne/Khaine and a Cauldron of Blood, and a hundred and one other elements of a WARgame are devoted to killing, I can't see why GW would feel Slaanesh is too mature and would put off little Timmy's mum... who probably has a well thumbed copy of 50 shades in her house.

I think it depends on how old timmy is, I was able to get a handle on the hammer fully at a very young age. probably 4th/5th grade, previously I was able to command a small sqaud of sqauts with somewhat limited efficiency. I remember buying my friends orks from his box set about then. How young could a kid get on age of sigmar really?

people often have strange double standards for what "adults" and "children" do and dont do sometimes for the right reasons other times based on blind reaction.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I voted no to retcons as a matter of principle - but seriously though. Whilst the imperium, xenocide and exterminates are still fluff, as is Khorne/Khaine and a Cauldron of Blood, and a hundred and one other elements of a WARgame are devoted to killing, I can't see why GW would feel Slaanesh is too mature and would put off little Timmy's mum... who probably has a well thumbed copy of 50 shades in her house.
    its also interesting to note that GW has never gone as full on with slaanesh as they potential could have (not saying thats a bad thing, there are lines that should not be crossed and 40ks violence is very tarantino esque as opposed to Stephen King, so in that sense GW has always had a modicum of censorship about the dark prince. But then that is a reflection of society I guess.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Again, I ask, where is the option that says "Slaanesh is gone due to narrative plot reasons"?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Librarian

I first got into GW games some twenty-five years ago, and I remember keeping away from Slaanesh as a faction and hiding some of that material from my mother.

But honestly, back in 1990, slaanesh was the god of poorly sculpted boobs and hair metal. There was nudity on many of the slaanesh daemon minis, and that really didn't exist outside of the slaanesh line. Also, their minis were the most likely to fit in at a Kiss concert.

I think that it was in the late '90s that they moved him towards the "god of excess" idea that people here are all nostalgic about, and made the keeper of secrets' nudity into something that is much harder to recognize as nudity at all.

But if you're feeling like you need a line of disturbing nude sculpts- well the Kingdom Death plastic line is supposed to be releasing sometime late this year.

www.GardenNinja.com

But honestly, back in 1990, slaanesh was the god of poorly sculpted boobs and hair metal.
    Dear sweet mercy yes.

What Slaanesh should be:

What Slaanesh is:

Again, I ask, where is the option that says "Slaanesh is gone due to narrative plot reasons"?
    Forgot to add it. Just use comments.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 07-10-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Look you, I won't hear a bad word against Twisted Sister.

We're not gonna take it, y'hear!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456