BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Kan Kustom Mega Blasta: round or square?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Version 1 (round)

12 80.00%
  • Version 2 (square)

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Killa Kan: Kustom Mega Blaster

Going to apologize in advance for the crappy image quality. Just a quick WIP shot.

Haven't seen a measurable number of Kustom Mega Blaster conversions for Kans, so just sort of winged it and came up with this:

I'm intensely curious to see other's creations in the same vein, so if you have pix I'd like to see your version(s).

Thanks!

-Dryw
    Rust, Dust & Ceramite - http://ceramite.blogspot.com

Chaplain

I like ti. I like it. Living up to the name - Kustom Mega Blasta. There is absolutely no reason KMBs have to look like looted Fusion Blasters. Good show.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Thanks for the comments. Is that what folks generally use as a basis for the Mega Blasta: Tau Fusion Blasters?

Komponents? Kan Shoota arm, Zzap Gun from the Battlewagon set (all sliced up and rearranged)... and misc bobbles.

I am still not 100% convinced I like the front. I have some base string laying around... I think a good length coiled around the barrel Tesla-style might go a long way.
    Last edited by Akkon Sek; 03-09-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Librarian

Wow! At first I thought it was an actual piece from the Kan sprue.

Seamless work!
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

All this talk about Fusion Blasters being used as a basis and... well, I caved to curiosity. Needed to try it.

I'm not certain which I prefer. Was extremely careful removing the first version, so it would be a simple matter to swap back. I will say that the 'square symmetry' of the Tau gun makes it flow better... if that makes sense to anyone but me.

Opinions welcome. Which one?

Edit: added a poll to make things easy.
    Last edited by Akkon Sek; 03-09-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Akkon Sek View Post
    Opinions welcome. Which one?
    I voted round cos it's more orky - but can you fit both on? That'd be even more orky!

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

i'm with ald i'd go both, but i like the round better, especially if you go with the tesla wraps, you can use old guitar string...
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

I'm gonna have to go with Ald and Johnny on this one. Variety makes an ork army gel, make things similar, but never the same!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast