BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Is the default for any of the other armies not good enough for you? Gee, apparently not, because you're trying to change it. Rather silly question.

Acting as if i should care about your mod is like it's like asking a Space Marine fan to download an Imperial Guard mod. They don't play Imperial Guard, and so they don't care about said mod. They play Space Marines, so they want stuff that makes Space Marines feel better. If they get Imperial Guard stuff, too, well that's cool, but what about Space Marines? And if you throw in Orks and Tau, and Eldar too, okay that's nice too, but what about Space Marines?

That's how the majority of Space Marine players would likely feel if you discluded their faction. And that's how I feel about your mod for it not including Sisters.

Now, I'm gonna go over there to some other thread. Don't overreact to my stating my simple disinterest in your mod for its incompleteness.
    Last edited by Melissia; 03-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Well.. of course.. thats your progative. Such is the free market. However, I bet you Melissia you died when you saw that WitchHunter public beta back in Dec'07. At least the community has that. Now the other part of it.. well, not at liberity to say anything on that currently.

Abbess Sanctorum

Since you bring that up: I participated in it. It was okay. But it was a Witch Hunters mod, not a Sisters mod. And I am not a Witch Hunters player. Never have been. The Inquisition bores me as an army (They are an investigative body, not a military).
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

You wanted more Adeptus Sororitas influence then Ordos? I thought it was well balanced between Soroitas and Inquisition? I love both.. the female side was well represented as their own. Inquisition obviously has its influences but they are a huge galactic institution so their tentacles are everywhere. Still.. Sister = WitchHunters. If it were purely Sisters they wouldn't have enough different military assets to be interesting. They need the combined forces of Arbites, Imperial, themselves, and the Inquisition + Ordos contributions to be a really powerful galactic force.

In a new hypothetical future build, we have had two branches where Inquisitional assets would have figured more prominently but that obviously hasn't yet happened.

Abbess Sanctorum

Uh, no. The Inquisition only brings a few units. Inquisitors, assassins, stormtroopers, and arbites. Everything else is under the umbrella of the Sisters of Battle and the Ecclesiarchy which is their primary employer. The SoulStorm Sisters of Battle army is (as long as you remove the reliance on priests, as I did via modding the acts of faith onto squad sergeants) is exactly that, and it doesn't even use the full potential of the Sisterhood.

Priests are not the Inquisition. Neither are arco-flagellants, penitent engines, or repentia, despite all of these units not being actually a part of the Sisters of Battle. They are employed by the Ecclesiarchy, the Imperial Church, just like the Sisters are. Look up the Frateris Militia for other examples. While it is true that the Sisters have been neglected in comparison to other armies, they still have more choices than, say, Necrons.
    Last edited by Melissia; 03-11-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Librarian

Plus TT-wise the Canoness is a pretty badass HQ. Mine Canoness and Colonel Straken raised some real hell a while back on a friend's Necrons.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well fine then hire a group of 3d artists and do it yourself. You'll find quite quickly how difficult it is to even do one single model and put it fully in-game. What we got is what we got. War40k isn't exact some sort of Star Wars epic.. War40k is like 10x the size of Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon5, BattleStar, etc etc. so there is much to cover. Clearly no where the man power is there to do so without financially investing in it yourself.

Lets have a little perspective here: we get what we get so be thankful some modders had the ironclad ballz to do what they could without being paid to do it. Some actually sacrificed too much doing it and had a long recovery to climb back out.

WitchHunter is BY FAR the best sh*t going for what you want. PERIOD. Its such a gawd damn tragedy in the name of modding for us all even outside the game that it couldn't fully complete its goal. What a damn shame!!!!!!

Abbess Sanctorum

And it isn't my thing. Again, I told you. I play Sisters, not Witch Hunters. They don't need me to have some sort of fangasm about it, they have plenty of other people having that already. If me saying it's not my thing, and not really what I want to see offends you, then you really need to rethink your priorities.

Librarian

Still the SoB models were amazing.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well its obvious its something that I don't spend sleepness nights obsessing over now is it? :P Oh and.. FOR THE RECORD.. the Soulstorm's SoB unit were put and unadulterated CRAP x 50 compared to their WitchHiunters counterparts BY FAR. If the models were heaps of crude the textures were bowls of puke!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast