BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Dark Eldar have a titan

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes from a fluff perspective a Dark Eldar Titan would makes sense.

5 23.81%
  • Yes we are hurting on the tabletop from not having one.

3 14.29%
  • No from a Fluff Perspective a Dark Eldar Titan makes no sense.

10 47.62%
  • No from a gameplay/tabletop perspective a Dark Eldar Titan wouldn´t fit our army´s playstyle.

3 14.29%

Hybrid View

Default From a Fluff perspective and a Gameplay perspective should Dark Eldar have Titans?

Since the Tau are getting their own Titan or at least something akain to it.
    I was wondering if you look at it from a fluff perspective and from a gameplay/tabletop perspective should the Dark Eldar have access to their own version of the Titan?

In my opinion i would have to say No both from a fluff perspective and a gameplay/tabletop perspective.

This has to do with the way The Dark Eldar are portrayed as a raiding force in and out, before the enemy even knows you are there.
    While the titan is powerful i just don´t see it zipping around the battlefield alongside raiders, venoms and all the other vehicles the Dark Eldar usually deploy in a raid.

From a gameplay perspective i don´t see the use either a titan is a fire magnet, you put that thing on the battlefield and you will see every unit of the opponent directing their fire against it.
    Now normally the Titan can take a few hits, before it becomes a problem.
    However here´s where another problem enters, if there is one thing all Dark Eldar have in common it´s that their armor is about as effective as wet cardboard and i really doubt their Titan would be any different.
    Now if the chase would you really want to pay the cost of a titan if it´s something that will die in the first turn after a few shoots?
    I am thinking most serious tabletop players would say HELL NO!

Instead what i think, both from a fluff perceptive and a gameplay perspective would be more up the Dark Eldar´s ally, would be a formation or specialized ammunition of sorts.
    Something small enough to be carried on a Ravager and individually wouldn´t seem like much of a threat, but once combined it would be devastating.
    Kinda like the thousand cuts metaphor, individually they are nothing to worry about but a thousand of them can make the target bleed to death.

But that is just my opinion what is yours do you think that the Dark Eldar should have a Titan of their own?

The Haemonculae would surely be able to whip something up thats Titan sized. Eldar Titans are already fast so your whole speed argument doesn't really add up.

Moot point since DE don't sell well enough for GW to make them a large kit. Pretty sure the Voidraven bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    The Haemonculae would surely be able to whip something up thats Titan sized. Eldar Titans are already fast so your whole speed argument doesn't really add up.

Moot point since DE don't sell well enough for GW to make them a large kit. Pretty sure the Voidraven bombed.
    The Voidraven bombed because they took a unit that was decent, and then made it worse with a Codex update. The model, just like the Razorwing, is sweet. The rules suck. The latest DE Codex is a textbook example of GW's marketing strategy: take what's good and sells, make it worse/the same. Take what was bad and didn't sell, make it better. Only with the DE book, they took what was good and make them bad, what was mediocre got left mediocre, and then took what was bad and made them mediocre. Almost everyone I talk to likes the DE models, they just agree the rules are bad.

I say yes, but not a giant robot. A GMC, like a 40K version of the Hell Pit Abomination, that has a lot of innate survivability, and lots of bad stuff in store for whatever poor fools get killed by it. Doesn't need to be a Swiss-Army Knife, but rather a scalpel that can cut out the things that give the Dark Eldar trouble: Vehicles, and High-Strength shooting.

Librarian

I think some sort of long snakelike being would be cool like the size of the heirophants body but slithering maybe two variants one more bio-one more machine

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    I think some sort of long snakelike being would be cool like the size of the heirophants body but slithering maybe two variants one more bio-one more machine
    Yeah that would be cool, some kind of GMC other than a humanoid walker. Maybe some of kind of hunched over creature that walks on multiple legs? Something more organic than a dude in a really big suit.