BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Dark Eldar have a titan

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes from a fluff perspective a Dark Eldar Titan would makes sense.

5 23.81%
  • Yes we are hurting on the tabletop from not having one.

3 14.29%
  • No from a Fluff Perspective a Dark Eldar Titan makes no sense.

10 47.62%
  • No from a gameplay/tabletop perspective a Dark Eldar Titan wouldn´t fit our army´s playstyle.

3 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Void Mine? Scatterfield Missiles? Doesn't let you loot a whole lot of stuff either.
    Also if your target is heavily defended you need something to break these defence. You are not like "oh... ok.. I guess we just go home now and forget about that".
    The current solution is: "Wait a second I call our pansy cousins to crack that door open"
    Void mine = Lance. Blast.
    That is wrong in every way imaginable. I mean... HOW?!?
    Missiles... yeah, you have a point there.

If the target is behind heavy fortifications, go for an easier target or failing that webway in. Going after a fortification is a very poor risk/reward ratio most of the time.

The problem isn't that the DE need titans. It's that the DE need firepower period.

Going after a fortification is a very poor risk/reward ratio most of the time.
    I have yet to see a "Dark Eldar vs unarmed imperial Civillians" battle report.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    I have yet to see a "Dark Eldar vs unarmed imperial Civillians" battle report.
    The Imperium hides them. Propaganda, you know.

I'm personally imagining a giant floating Dark Eldar pirate ship. Like Jabba's sail barge or something. A dropship with onboard repair facilities, torture dungeons, and platforms to launch fighters from or have raiders rappel off of.

I don't play Dark Eldar, though. <_>

First-Captain

Any time the Dark Eldar are caught in a real fight, its the exception rather than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelfox View Post
    I'm personally imagining a giant floating Dark Eldar pirate ship. Like Jabba's sail barge or something. A dropship with onboard repair facilities, torture dungeons, and platforms to launch fighters from or have raiders rappel off of.

I don't play Dark Eldar, though. <_>
    You did see how easy it was blown up right? All Luke had to do was aim a single shoot at it and it basically blew up.
    That´s pretty much Dark Eldar in a nutshell they don´t have the armor to shrug off heavy weapons fire.
    This is one of the reason why Dark Eldar stay as close to cover as possible, because once the Dark Eldar gets out in the open, they will be turned into shish kebab by the enemy weapons.
    Now imagine a huge thing like a jabba´s ship showing t´s face on the battle field, it´s guns glinting meaninglessly, the sound of scream and cruel laughter promising unfathomable torment to anyone caught by it...
    And now imagine every cannon turning the opponent has turning against it, because it´s too huge to get into cover and it has almost no armor to speak of, turning it into scrap metal before it even get´s to fire a single shot.
    Yeah....guess we will never see those points again.

Veteran-Sergeant

Very good point. Titans and Superheavies need Armour, not Cardboard.

And now imagine every cannon turning the opponent has turning against it, because it´s too huge to get into cover and it has almost no armor to speak of, turning it into scrap metal before it even get´s to fire a single shot.
    Where is the difference to all the "ignore cover" weapons out there?
    I mean seriously... Eldar are tougher (better armor, AV12), have better weapons (basically rending on all standard weapons and a lot of D weapons), are faster (Battlefocus) and have PSI powers on top of it.
    And while exactly the same is true for Eldar too (mobility over heavy armor) there is no problem if they field gigantic soul driven Robots.

I've voted Yes because I think we need something to compete with the other races out there, however I agree that rather than an actual "titan" it should be either a super experimental ship formation with insane weapons that can do as much damage as a titan OR a huge grotesque that a haemonculus has created. Because a haemonculus probably wouldn't make such an unwieldy creature and bring him along on raiding missions (unless it was a carnival of pain demonstration or such), maybe fluff-wise it could be like what happens at the end of Akira, a virus that is applied to a patient at the beginning of the battle that causes it to swell and mutate into a huge titan sized horror (like the Glottkin or such). It would survive by lots of wounds and like FNP/IWND haha.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    Dark Eldar are not soldiers, they're raiders. Titans are weapons of war. You cannot enslave someone who's been stood on by a titan.

Additionally, large scale destruction is bad for raiders as it removes stuff that could be stolen. Precision damage is the go. Haywire is awesome, as it leaves the target and crew intact to be picked up later. Strength D? There's nothing left to loot.

True, but a large scale 'body grabber' could be deployed in mass body engagements would be really usefull. Something that was fast and agile, like a Revenant but focused mostly on snatching troops up. Game wise, it would have weapons that were anti-infantry focused. The weapons are not tchnically 'killing' the infantry, but rather 'snatching them up'.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast