BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Dark Eldar have a titan

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes from a fluff perspective a Dark Eldar Titan would makes sense.

5 23.81%
  • Yes we are hurting on the tabletop from not having one.

3 14.29%
  • No from a Fluff Perspective a Dark Eldar Titan makes no sense.

10 47.62%
  • No from a gameplay/tabletop perspective a Dark Eldar Titan wouldn´t fit our army´s playstyle.

3 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

I like that a lot, kind of like what LCS said combined with the snake thing, so long as it has a sort of bellysack/cage, essentially something the opposite of a tervigon that sort of just grabbs people and stuffs them into some sort of incapacitating storage tank, something with really high initiative, MC with high toughness, and maybe some sort of shrouding/cloaking device+lictor style rules. and then to make it a real weird one, the ability to recover "trapped" models once the thing is destroyed.
    Maybe some sort of intiative test to avoid being captured so itd be proper that characters/high initiative units could avoid being grabbed but the thing would tear through yr average Militarum/Tau/Ork troops choice easily

im envisioning sort of a gangly brass scorpion with a fat butt

Most of the people commenting on this thread don't know much about the Dark Eldar.

There is 40k fiction, I think it's one of the Soul Drinkers books, where the Dark Eldar occupy a city and are involved in all out siege warfare with the imperial guard. Tanks, bunkers, machine gun pits, the whole mess.

Why would raiders and slavers do that? They needed that city that's why.

Yes they are raiders, yes they are slavers, they also get involved in actual war or else there would be no reason for them to even exist in this game. Why would raiders and slavers bother fighting Space Marines when they could just leave and go find easy pickings.

Think outside the box people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    The Imperium hides them. Propaganda, you know.
    The point is that DE do get involved in actual war or else there is no reason for them to be in the game. Raiders and slavers would just leave and go find something easy. Cuz, as you said, risk vs reward.

[delete me]
    Last edited by madtroll; 07-13-2015 at 07:24 AM.

i've always seen a dark eldar titan would be more like the cryx kraken but a more organic tone

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbantha View Post
    True, but a large scale 'body grabber' could be deployed in mass body engagements would be really useful. Something that was fast and agile, like a Revenant but focused mostly on snatching troops up. Game wise, it would have weapons that were anti-infantry focused. The weapons are not technically 'killing' the infantry, but rather 'snatching them up'.
    That sounds kinda cool.
    Some sort of modified webway portal to dump the victims into cells in Commorragh to be "processed" later.
    Maybe with some sort of weapon filter to disarm them (can't let prisoners have guns can we?)

I'd say no.

Whilst I have no doubt they have the resources and knowledge to field them if they wished, it just doesn't strike me as being the Dark Eldar style.

For a start, real space raids are as much about the visceral thrill of it as they are obtaining new acquisitions. Having a honking great beauty or construct laying into the enemy takes some of the fun away. Why do that, when you can have the glory and renown of taking out the enemy super heavy support with a beautifully placed shot right in its weak point. Imagine the terror of its allies as their mightiest weapons of war are laid low with.....such style. Such panache. Such ease. See the masterful ballet of the Ravagers as they encircle the foe. Gaze in wonder at the bafflement of the enemy as their shielding is bypassed. Revel in the wanton destruction.....and don't forget to deliver the coup dé grace yourself, Mr or Miss Archon!

But hey, just my take on things
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123