Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    That's right. Squeal. Squeal like a pig in a war
    [Red Dwarf]
    "Squeal! Squeal like pigs on their honeymoon"
    [/Red Dwarf]

Fixed that for you.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I was quoting Brasseye, so my quote are more satiricals then you.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

he doesn't like it, but he's going to have to live with it
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I liked the movie V. Loved it. Have it on my shelf at home. But it's not the same story.

In the movie, you get the idea he's out to take down a corrupt government, just to take down corruption. And he gets shot during a fight.

In the graphic novel, he's out to take down government in any form. Not replace it. Remove it, completely. The whole thing with anarchy - especially the anarchy vs. chaos bit - was probably too much for most theater-goers to really wrap their heads around anyway, even before you consider that such a theme wouldn't be likely to fly these days as we're told more and more that big government is necessary to our very existence. V's demise was also important, as he allowed himself to be shot and didn't even try to stop the man who did it. (And that guy's story was also interesting, making him a rather sympathetic character in his own right.) Evey becoming the new V, proving that you indeed can't kill the idea even if you kill a man, was also important to the story. The movie just leaves with, "Oh, the corruption's gone from the government, the people will surely elect a better form of leadership because that always happens, and now everyone can go back to being happy."

I'd think that maybe there was too much for the movie to cover, but Watchmen pulled it off.

Then again, Watchmen was disliked by a lot of people for having too real of a story. Flawed superheroes? Using a super-weapon to kill millions in order to save billions? Preposterous!

First-Captain

Completely missed the point of Rorschach too, the whole film didn't understand any of the finer points of Watchmen and its layers of meaning, just saw the big fight scenes as the important bits.

Also, seeing as Dr Manhattan was an American and used as Americas nuclear deterrent for years, the rest of the world would have seen this as an American attack, this was the Cold War, Russia would have launched nukes at America first chance it got once they were under attack, the point of the alien from another dimension was as an utter outsider the world would unite, when an american threat goes rogue, america would be held to blame

New trailer, best bit is still Wonder Woman.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well it was hardly going to be Ben Affleck now, was it?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm still cautiously optimistic about the movie, going to see it just for Wonder Woman though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I still think it's going to be bobbins. Possibly including WW.

I don't know enough about the character to be able to tell if Gal Gadot's performance is any cop.

Well, now watched the Trailer properly.

This really is looking terrible. Growly Batman, Growly Bruce Wayne. Ben Affleck displaying all the facial emotion of a brick. Big bad looks just like Abomination - not necessarily a compliment.

And Jesse Eisenberg can nick off. Irritating voice, and his lines in the trailer? Why not just have him repeatedly wink at the camera to break the fourth wall.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast