BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

The marvel movies were actually what I was refering to. I recently decided to give them all a chance and marthoned the whole lot (except ant-man so can't speak on that and guardians of the galaxy which just looked like some awful star wars type crap to me) I thought they were watchable but they were terrible and looked like glorified videogames to me, the cgi hulk was especially cringeworthy. DC ones weren't any better though, trying to be too serious and dark. Barring Wonder Woman, I'll definitely stick with animated stuff in the future. The DC animated movies are pretty great and I loved the old marvel cartoons from the 90's - they should make stuff like that again.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

It's sad you missed Guardians. If you think its awful star wars type crap, you're missing out. It's good star wars type crap, unlike a few star wars movies with a certain regrettable character I could mention.

But, fun is also defined by the individual. Some don't see standing inside watching a screen all day fun, while others do. So, each their own.

First-Captain

The latest trailer seemed to be "Superman and Batman fighting is testing terribly, quick, spoil the last 30 minutes".

Just seems like its going to be a huge mess of ideas thrown in to try and make their flawed idea of how to make their own Avengers Assemble something that works. It won't work because they're hiring guys that don't understand Superman, Superman needs to be Super and a Man (well, a human). He may be a super powerful alien but he's also a man raised by two loving, caring parents who knows right from wrong and kills anyone because he isn't the quthority to judge that.

Its why the last two films didn't work, not enough moments where Superman shows why everyone can't help but flat out love him. Too many either painting him as a flawed outsider who can never belong on Earth but will win the fight anyway and that he'd be willing to kill Zod because it was the tough choice, which doesn't work in a film where we've not really seen him do any fighting against unbeatable odds but refusing to kill before. It just seems that, faced with a tough situation, Superman will just kill the bad guy.

Yowza.

The only CGI Hulk I can remember looking that terrible was the mid-2000s movie that was absolutely awful. The others have looked fine. Not perfect, sure, but no CGI is perfect.

Guardians of the Galaxy is definitely not Star Wars style. It's hard to describe... it's got action, it's got a lot of laughs, it's got "heart." But it's also not a "dumb" movie, it actually had thought put into the story. (And amazingly, a guy in a giant ship bent on destroying an entire planet manages to do less damage to a city than Superman does to Metropolis in Man of Steel... and that's with that giant ship crashing down on the city.)

If you're not into the others, well, not sure what to say there. You might just not like the kind of movie they are. Fair enough. It's also possible that trying to binge watch them might be a bit of overdose, kind of like how trying to binge watch Star Wars for the first time could have you feeling like they're all awful by the end of it (at which point I might have to send Liam Neeson after you).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    It's sad you missed Guardians. If you think its awful star wars type crap, you're missing out. It's good star wars type crap, unlike a few star wars movies with a certain regrettable character I could mention.

But, fun is also defined by the individual. Some don't see standing inside watching a screen all day fun, while others do. So, each their own.
    haha yes, I think your fun is probably pain for me. fun for me would be seeing those awful humanoid cartoony aliens being absorbed and ripped apart by The Thing
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Guardians of the Galaxy also has genuine heroics in it, something all too often missing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

well each to their own, it's cool so many seemed to enjoy it and I'm not one to **** on someone elses enjoyment. i'l still give it a miss though, but look on the bright side - it saves you from hearing me moan about it for days on end here.

Give it a whirl anyway
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

GotG is my least favourite MCU so far, mostly because of some unnecessary sexist 'humour' and generally Gamora and Nebula not being given much to do at all which was a huge shame. But its a fun sci fi adventure film.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Biggest shame is the delete scene of Gamora and Nebula having a chat. Really added to their characters.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast