BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    First-Captain

You're right, we should scale back the size of games too, I miss second edition, haven't played it for WEEKS

But if we scale it back...muh Conscripts...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Brother-Captain

A scale back would anger more people than you could possibly imagine, Path Walker. People who have amassed 2,000-10,000 Point armies will grind their teeth and look for the nearest target to crush. We've increased in the size of games and model count because that is what the majority of players wanted. You like 2nd Ed? That's cool, so did I (assault cannons have never been better). But that just means that if I want to play a small game, or specifically 2nd Ed, then I will play *that* game. If I want to join the majority of the community, then I'll play the current edition of 40K.

'Nuff said?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Heralds of Ruin Kill Team is something I enjoy personally for when I want a nice, small game.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Which is a hidden perk of how AoS is designed: larger units get a modest boost in effectiveness, while not leaving the MSU player feeling stupid for having more fragile units.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Thomas View Post
    Which is a hidden perk of how AoS is designed: larger units get a modest boost in effectiveness, while not leaving the MSU player feeling stupid for having more fragile units.
    Indeed some units (Skulltakers for example) benefit from being in smaller units.

Starting, just for S&Gs, to do a conversion of the Space Marine Codex. Got most of the basic profiles done, just need to add special rules and make minidexes for each First Founding Chapter.

It would be interesting to see this further developed into a ruleset that could be playtested

So far, all I've needed to add is a few paragraphs of vehicle rules. Thinking of cribbing a few notes from WM/H.

Quote Originally Posted by modelguyicmt View Post
    One thing that everyone seems to agree on about AoS, is it's nice not having to deal with to-hit and to-wound charts.

Well why not bring that over to 40K- it's easy.

Strength 5 becomes a 3+, strength 4 becomes a 4+, strength 3 becomes a 5+, toughness 4 becomes 0, toughness 3 becomes +1, toughness 2 becomes +2, toughness 5 becomes -1, toughness 6 becomes -2, ect.

Same for BS and WS and Saves. AP just subtracts from the save roll like it used to, BS is a silly chart to have anyway, and WS would work just like the example above.

The only hitch I can think of is Instant Death, and WS would be quite different.

I'm not much of a rules guy, what do you guys think?
    no, just no

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345