BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Pedant shield to on:

'Could it be adapted to 40K?' Yes almost any mechanic could.

Pedant shield to off.

Should it be added?

Mmm. Not convinced. It is more 'book-keeping' which I am not sure is a good thing. Further, I find MC/GC - especially the latter - a much harder proposition to kill - then what they should be.

At least, what they should be in comparison to vehicles, especially dreads. I liked old 1st/2nd ed Carnifex as a dread equivalent. it made sense. But it is well nigh impossible to 1-shot a MC without D and I don't think this should be the case.

Therefore I balk at the thought of making them harder to kill then degenerating.

If this is a 'fix nids' measure then actually it should be 'change the codex' not 'change a game mechanic'.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

it Should also be noted that the damage table for vehicles is increasingly irrelevant, so why take the backwards step and force an irrelevant similar mechanic on MCs?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

It's not Tyranid specific as such, but given their greater proportion of big gribblies, they're a good baseline army to work from.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

What about everything with 5+ wounds gets an AV and uses the veh damage* table instead? This will ensure a degradation effect with various debilitating effects and also allow 1-shot kills with lucky rolls.

After all, if MM^ can with luck 1-shot a LR, then I reckon it should be able to do similar for a MC/GC - a lascannon shot will melt a head or a MM shot cook its heart.

* You may need to write a slightly different table for organic beasties - and possibly a further for FMC.

^ I mean multi-melta not Mr Mystery...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    How do?

Kind of a buddy thread to the one below.

First up, do try to stick to the topic, and keep bickering over AoS to a minimum.

And now on to the point.

AoS has an interesting mechanic for monsters, including those ridden as beasts of war.

First thing they did, was massively up their wounds, and give them a greater variety of attacks. This has made them considerably more survivable. To balance this, various monster abilities now vary as they take damage, reducing their overall effectiveness.

Could such a mechanic be adapted to 40k, and if so, to what degree? To me some kind of variation on this is just what MC need. They're kind of an odd unit in 40k, as whilst they can certainly bring a lot of pain, they take surprisingly little effort to put down, especially as many don't pack an invulnerable save, leaving them prone to the very weapons you'd most want one against.
    Can you tell me a warscroll example of this? ( I am new to warhammer because of AoS so i would like to know more details about this warscroll )

I find this being one of the only few interesting new changes to AoS. If it would have a good spot in 40k i don't know but i like the idea of things getting worse the more damaged it gets, adds alot to the narrative.
    Oh and i can't wait for when there's things that start out really docile but as they get damaged they turn beastly, i like how that would force you to think differently about some things.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jef Stuyck View Post
    Can you tell me a warscroll example of this? ( I am new to warhammer because of AoS so i would like to know more details about this warscroll )
    Look up the Daemons Warscroll list. It's the most easily referensable between Fantasy and 40K.

Librarian

I'm sure I still have my acetate overlays somewhere...
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

The monster rules are the most elegant part of the new ruleset, I quite like that aspect. There is currently a huge disparity in 40K between vehicles and monstrous creatures, and vehicles that are monstrous creatures and monstrous creatures that are vehicles. Bringing all such models under one umbrella and giving them a toughness value like everything else, and perhaps degrade their performance as they get injured, would be a great way to introduce parity to these particular types of models.

AV14 = T10 and scale down from there.

Brother-Captain

Yes a thousand times yes they are possibly my favourite part of the AoS rule set and they would quite nicely add a bit of decent flavour to monstrous creatures and balance them with vehicles which has been an issue with 40K for some time.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123