BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default AoS: I do not know what to make of this.....

On one hand I am very excited to be at the start of something new, i.e. the ground floor for once.
    However, I already miss all the colorful flavor of the old world...buildings, varied units and races.
    As now, the only races in any good shape or form to fight is either chaos or all the new Sigmar minions that came thru the gate.
    The remainder of Humanity, Dwarves, Elves, and other good guys were all wiped out.
    I get the impression AoS is kind of like Space Marines not in space, i.e. instead of Space Marine chapters they now call the fantasy units "Chambers".
    I read the 2nd new short novel released by GW yesterday, and the unit descriptions and "Chamber" descriptions are all VERY VERY similar or even seem to be imitations of Space Marine chapters.
    Just remove the modern weapons....
    I will give it time though and see how it all pans out, but I also miss all the old heroes like Gotrek and Felix, and especially Luthor Huss...he was my favortie!
    What the heck happened to him?
    Last I read he was "missing"...

Luthor Huss shows up in the endtimes, under control of the Mortarch "The Nameless One". Vlad ends up freeing him from the nameless one's control and they fight side by side against the guy's undead minions. Huss dies killing the nameless one, if I recall correctly.

First-Captain

There are still humans around, both in the Celestial Realm and amongst the other Realms. The first novel, Gates of Ayzr deals a from the point of view of the humans trying to live in the Realm of Fire, I've really enjoyed it, you see how they struggle to survive in a world that's been steeped in Chaos for over a millennia. I wouldnt fancy it myself to be honest. I also feel really sorry for the Blood Reavers, which is hard to do, given they're Chaos Worshippers who kill and eat other mortals.

Ugh...poor Luthor...but that was pretty cool having Vlad fight with him.
    Although, I too have enjoyed both of the two AoS novels, I still found both those books story to be kind of weak and thin.
    Maybe someone like Dan Abnett or some of the Warhammer 40K novel writers will write AoS stories and they will be more epic.