BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Que the violins.
    -insert epic signature-

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    You can tell that Age of Sigmar is really fun because of the many, many articles that are required to qualify and explain its fun.
    I guess 40k must be the most hated and least played wargame then, judging by the number of articles about how much people enjoy it

You've not thought that one through Davey.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 07-16-2015 at 12:04 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I guess 40k must be the most hated and least played wargame then, judging by the number of articles about how much people enjoy it

You've not thought that one through Davey.
    Riiiiiiight

They are redundant.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Enjoy Age of Sigmar for what it is and play the game they designed.
    How odd, if I'm not mistaken the game they designed tells me to take as much models as I like (the more models, the more fun) and then try to completely annihilate my opponent.

All this agreeing with your opponent and balancing the game yourself is just a different way of comp, only it's horribly muddled, subjective and less efficient

So by all means play a different game.

Chaplain

Quelle surprise, that's exactly what I was planning to do. I just thought Path Walkers view of the game was particularly erroneous and warranted a comment.

Yes, the game is about beating your opponent.

But it's clearly not about being a penis, or mass swamping your opponent because you need to win largely pointless wargames in order to feel validated as a person (not aimed at you specifically, but those who, well they'll know who they are)

Because it's a friendly game - you can tell by the lack of points and stripped down rules set and 'anything goes' approach.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    You can tell that Age of Sigmar is really fun because of the many, many articles that are required to qualify and explain its fun.
    I could easily say just read the comment sections, watch the youtube videos, or read some of the more pessimistic views on Age of Sigmar and I'm sure you can find an equal if not exceeding amount of why not to play the game.

The loudest complaints that I've notice are coming from the competitive minority. The Average war gamer that is looking to research AoS has to sift through a lot of rubble on the interwebz and don't really care about maximizing or minimizing their lists, or math hammering out how x unit does against y. Now what we have is a resounding and much more simplified system, that isn't easily broken unless you're TFGing it.

Most of people that I've talked, especially newer players, have all really shown excitement. But because the interwebz say its bad it must be. The fantasy community as a whole will grow where a few will either sell off their armies or do something else. All in all the majority of people at our locals have really had fun making fun of all the butt hurt youtube videos, articles, and forums talking about how terrible this game is. /shrug.

Maybe our group is just more laid back and doesn't put as much importance on toy soldiers.
    Last edited by Dont-Be-Haten; 07-16-2015 at 07:23 AM.
    -insert epic signature-

Brother-Captain

Something I said in a previous thread: if you want to play AoS -- then please do so! Just because I won't, nor think it a good game, is going to have any real bearing on whether or not others think it's the best thing since someone put the French in Toast.

I posted over a month ago that, if AoS turned out to be a let down for me personally, and if others felt this way, that it was OK to stick with 8th Edition WFB. That game is still there, if now unsupported. I took the initiative to download all the remaining FAQs that they put out for 8th via Black Library. I'll likely play AoS if someone I know wants to try it out, and I'll aim at giving them a "fair game," but after its over I'm going to explain to them why I don't play the game and instead play others.

Also, for people who are going over to Kings of War; that's cool too! Though again, I'd simply use 8th (or 6th, which was another lovely edition).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast