BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    That sounds a bit underwhelming... I don't really see how this would work but I'll give it a read.
    I'm in the same boat as you.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    Maybe our group is just more laid back and doesn't put as much importance on toy soldiers.
    Age of Sigmar is also clearly fun because everyone who doesn't find it fun is a bunch of loser jerks.

Chapter-Master

The overall vibe from both sides of the issue feels like this...

My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Dont-Be-Haten View Post
    Erik...you're one of the ones we make fun of...
    It's okay, the lesser-minded people tend to try to mock the more intelligent people in any community. I just feel sorry for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    The book coming this saturday has scenarios and the scenarios are supposed to be the balancing mechanism.
    But that doesn't really work, because those scenarios almost certainly tell you what models to take... so "balanced" games will only happen when you take the exact number of models you're supposed to for a specific scenario? That's... boring, at best. And leaves out a lot of armies.

I get the feeling it's intended to be more "balanced" when more of the AoS armies come along. But even then, I'm not sure. People say the starter box feels balanced with those forces, but the game rules say the Sigmarines would get "Sudden Death" bonus against the Khorne Bloodtsunami, which doesn't make sense if they're balanced in terms of power. When your own starter box showcases how messed up your own "balancing" mechanic is, that's kind of a problem.

Well, whilst we're on the subject, 9.5".

Can anyone beat that, or shall we just call it a day?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Age of Sigmar is also clearly fun because everyone who doesn't find it fun is a bunch of loser jerks.
    I mean if that's how you feel...

That's not what I said, I said the majority of complaining is coming from a competitive minority, and the average player just doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    It's okay, the lesser-minded people tend to try to mock the more intelligent people in any community. I just feel sorry for you.
    Oh come on man. Everyone know's you're all doom and gloom. It's like who's thread is Erik going to hijack today? Or how much more butt hurt can one man be? I've seen your uncountable thread jacks, posts about lamenting on being a gamer and the hatred for everything tabletop made by some British company. It gets old. I know you're just using this place as an outlet due to all your IRL problems, but c'mon man. I've given you the benefit of the doubt before, but really I just shut down now when I start reading your posts. When one of my IRL friends who's not seen your posts or rants before starts complaining about all your negativity, I just laugh and say, "Oh that's Erik being Erik."
    -insert epic signature-

Photographic evidence can be provided, though I reserve the right to be suspicious of those requesting said evidence.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well, whilst we're on the subject, 9.5".

Can anyone beat that, or shall we just call it a day?
    Shouldn't you really be posting in metric you mathematical heretic!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But that doesn't really work, because those scenarios almost certainly tell you what models to take... so "balanced" games will only happen when you take the exact number of models you're supposed to for a specific scenario? That's... boring, at best. And leaves out a lot of armies.

I get the feeling it's intended to be more "balanced" when more of the AoS armies come along. But even then, I'm not sure. People say the starter box feels balanced with those forces, but the game rules say the Sigmarines would get "Sudden Death" bonus against the Khorne Bloodtsunami, which doesn't make sense if they're balanced in terms of power. When your own starter box showcases how messed up your own "balancing" mechanic is, that's kind of a problem.
    I can't judge yet because I have not seen the scenarios. My gut instinct is that it won't work you're right. But until I see it for myself I will hold my tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Shouldn't you really be posting in metric you mathematical heretic!
    It's called Imperial for a reason, colonial simpleton

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast