BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Dice with a symbol: 1 or 6?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • The symbol should replace the 1

9 19.57%
  • The symbol should replace the 6

37 80.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Personally, I prefer symbols on the 6 as it's "special". Still, to echo many before me, it's only a problem if someone rolls a mix of 1-symbols and 6-symbols.

Why would you want your company's logo to come up on the number that often means something negative? Your logo comes up, then groans around the table. Makes no sense haha.
    When 6's come up, there are always cheers around the table! It's pretty obvious.

This thread is awesome; I love discussions where both sides are so passionate about the "obvious" answer! :-)

I like the symbol on the six. It just "feels" right aesthetically.
    na na na na na... wut?

Chaplain

The Symbol should be on the 6, because when you see it, you should be happy and not annoyed ... GW Dices unfortunatly have the symbol on the one ...
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Usually, higher is better, lower is worse, or even the 1 is a disaster etc.
    So you want the bad stuff like skulls or explosion or whatever that looks negative on the one.
    You want the good stuff, like your logo, on the 6. You want your logo to represent the good, not the bad.
    If i were to play the Batman, and usually uyou have to roll above lets say a 3+ to hit, or maybe for something really hard a y6, you want the Batman Logo there, to show how good you are. You don't want the logo of the Batman on every fail you have. It just makes sense.
    I want my Tau, I, Ultramarines symbol, Mechanicum head on the 6. So when you hit right and good, the enemy knows by who it was hit.
    Rolling all ones and getting all Tau logos would show how much the Tau sux.
    Now, maybe a skull on white dice, for veterans would be fine on a six too, that basically depends on the interpretation of the skull at that point.
    You could for instance do a Tau logo on the 6 and the skull on the 1, to signify death, or failure.
    The fact that it is a single pip is a weird idea, what then, 6 really small mechanicum skulls ? Right. It's weird reasoning to me to do that.

In games where the 1 is the best you can get, sure, it would be more fitting there. But that's quite rare in comparison.

More importantly, who knows manufacturers that already make dice with specific or special logos ?
    I know you can have your own made at Chessex, but seems a bit pricey. Which makes sense because they have to make a mold for one side i guess. And the amount of dice will typically be a low run.

The only thing that makes sense really, is on the 6.
    In almost every game, 1 is bad, 6 is good.
    So you want your logo to represent the good, not the bad.
    Plus, it's real easy to spot that magic 6 that usually shows something extra or really good happens, as is often the case in 40K.
    The one generally represents bad, failure. Do you really want to show your Tau/Ultramarines/Blood Angel/Mechanicum logo etc. on the 1 ? Didn't think so.
    And the people saying it's only one symbol so it should be the 1, that just makes no sense, unless your logo is one tiny dot, and then you already have your special dice.

More importantly, i saw a screenshot somewhere with all kinds of cool greenlantern and batman logos etc, where are they from ? Is there a manufacturer already making some good stuff ? I know Chessex can make them for you, but that can be pricey depending on the number you order. Maybe of some friends join it it'll bring it down.

Occuli Imperator

On the one, as per the big gun dice.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I do like the idea of the 6 as a 6 is special and good

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused. Either way it should be the same which ever you choose
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

Khorne dice with the symbol on the 1 makes sense. You roll a 1, khorne is happy!
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Agree with the symbols on the 6's, it just feels right, atleast to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast