BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Awesome In-Game Graphics Look at Total War: Warhammer

If you guys haven't seen it already, here it is in the flesh!

https://youtu.be/epK0ouN0l7U

I'm so psyched for this game to be released! Over thirty of the guys in my Steam Total War clan are already prepping for pre-order -- even though they got burnt by that when Rome II was released ahead of its full development. I'd say that Creative Assembly has learned their lesson from that debacle and they're doing their best to get this new IP they've been handed by Games Workshop a top-notch game.

Which reminds me only of how sad I'm going to be when PC-gamer buddies get excited and ask me about the table top version (they know I'm a TTGer).

"No, sorry guys, they discontinued the game Warhammer Fantasy Battles in July of this year...before the release of this game."

It strikes me as such a missed opportunity on GW's part to not have run an advertising campaign alongside the release of Creative Assembly's game. It would have been so easy to do, since CA has a dedicated fan base as dedicated and exuberant as GW's WFB does (or is it did now?). Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game and at the very least experiencing the Old World on my PC if never again upon the table top.
    Last edited by Katharon; 07-17-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

First-Captain

while Rome2 was baaad at launch, both the way they kept improving it until the amazing Emperor Edition and the fact that I didn't hear much bad about Attila lead me to have faith in CA to make this as awesome as it deserves!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

CA seem to be really excited about this game. As awesome as historical games are, I bet they've been eager for the chance to do something as fantastical as this game, and I'm really looking forward to the results. As others have said, this could've been the new Dawn of War, rejuvenating the playerbase of one of GW's games with a new wave of fresh recruits if they'd coordinated it.

A shame about the tabletop, but at least we look to be getting a solid game out of it. Haven't seen much of the Vampire Counts though, interested in how they'll play. Orks'll be a great laugh and I like their snowbally mechanic for empire building, versus the Empire approach of taxes and keeping the Lords in line. It'll make for some good variation and flavour in armies.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    CA seem to be really excited about this game. As awesome as historical games are, I bet they've been eager for the chance to do something as fantastical as this game, and I'm really looking forward to the results. As others have said, this could've been the new Dawn of War, rejuvenating the playerbase of one of GW's games with a new wave of fresh recruits if they'd coordinated it.
    Makes me think that someone should execute (Commissar Holt style) the GW advert department for failing so hard.

A shame about the tabletop, but at least we look to be getting a solid game out of it. Haven't seen much of the Vampire Counts though, interested in how they'll play. Orks'll be a great laugh and I like their snowbally mechanic for empire building, versus the Empire approach of taxes and keeping the Lords in line. It'll make for some good variation and flavour in armies.
    I'm curious to see how they'll do the Vampire Counts as well. I'd be much more interested in the Empire controls if they make it similar to how in Medieval II you could vote for the Pope using your cardinals. Maybe we'll see a similar voting mechanic? Or will they simply keep Karl Franz and every now and then an Elector-Count will rise up in rebellion because he thinks his arse deserves to sit on the throne?

We'll see. I'm looking forward to CA's "Let's Play" and other in-game walkthroughs.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214