BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Xaric- that's right. If he's playing just Nagash and summoning a horde of zombies, he's betting on the two of you finishing the game and not running out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    summons endless lord of change they are a 9+ to summon and have to deal with unbinding good luck getting constant 9's also do you carry more then 1 lord of change...
    Each Lord of Change has a couple special rules that make it pretty easy for them to summon themselves:

1- They add +1 to the spell rolls of all Tzeentch wizards. The rules don't say anything about abilities not stacking, so if you have two or three Lords of Change out, you get +2 or +3 (Kairos gets +2 from a different ability of his, so if you combo them, you get plus a lot).

2- They have another ability that when the roll to cast a spell, they can make the lower die match the higher one. So if you rolled a five and a two, you just rolled a ten. With only the initial plus one, they need to roll two dice, and one or the other needs to be at least four. As you get more Lords out on the field, the number that you need to roll drops.

So, what started out as a very difficult summoning roll (9+) is way more likely to succeed than to fail (4+ on either die). If Fateweaver is around, have him go first, because he'll only need a 3+ on either die.

Now, I've honestly always been a big fan of the Lord of Change- he might be my favorite GW character/species ever, so the list actually does appeal a bit to me (I imagine making about four or five of them, each converted to be wholly individual). The number you need isn't infinite, you only need enough that they can't be tabled in one turn (because whoever's still around gets to summon the rest of them back).

And unlike the Tomb Scorpion or Fate-Bell-Cheat, you still get to play the game.

www.GardenNinja.com

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Moral being - be careful what you summon.

LOLOLOLOLOL I TOOK FIVE NECROMANCES AND WILL SUMMON NEAR INFINITE ZOMBIES LOLOLOLOLOLOL TACTICAL GENIUS.

Well, I just bagged 6 Zombies with a single shot from my Thundertusk. The game is mine.

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE GAME R BROEKD!
    Lol! We also ply game over turn 2 6+... Turn 3 5+... Turn 4 4+... So you can win the casualty battles against someone who summons. But as I said before... We also play one wizard can only summon one unit under his control. If someone wants to be a jerk... Well he will have a hard time finding games. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    Xaric- that's right. If he's playing just Nagash and summoning a horde of zombies, he's betting on the two of you finishing the game and not running out of time.

Each Lord of Change has a couple special rules that make it pretty easy for them to summon themselves:

1- They add +1 to the spell rolls of all Tzeentch wizards. The rules don't say anything about abilities not stacking, so if you have two or three Lords of Change out, you get +2 or +3 (Kairos gets +2 from a different ability of his, so if you combo them, you get plus a lot).

2- They have another ability that when the roll to cast a spell, they can make the lower die match the higher one. So if you rolled a five and a two, you just rolled a ten. With only the initial plus one, they need to roll two dice, and one or the other needs to be at least four. As you get more Lords out on the field, the number that you need to roll drops.

So, what started out as a very difficult summoning roll (9+) is way more likely to succeed than to fail (4+ on either die). If Fateweaver is around, have him go first, because he'll only need a 3+ on either die.

Now, I've honestly always been a big fan of the Lord of Change- he might be my favorite GW character/species ever, so the list actually does appeal a bit to me (I imagine making about four or five of them, each converted to be wholly individual). The number you need isn't infinite, you only need enough that they can't be tabled in one turn (because whoever's still around gets to summon the rest of them back).

And unlike the Tomb Scorpion or Fate-Bell-Cheat, you still get to play the game.
    I think every game has broken rules... 40k chaos Lord with axe.. Sacrifice him for a herald.. Get a blood thirster and a herald with the axe... When herald dies you get another blood thirster... Found another one with my verminking dreaded thirteenth spell... If I cast it on a hero and kill him I get a "verminus" unit... So I can put out a verminlord warbringer.... But why would I do that... It's not gonna be fun for me or my opponent... What I'm saying is... We can always find broken rules/units/models... If someone wants to exploit it... We aren't gonna play with them...

Again using phone for replys... Sorry
    Last edited by ColeVVatkins; 07-28-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post

Oddly I would say 5 lord of change would make sense fluff wise too think about it this way instead of treating them as there own daemon treat the summon as a mirror image and what is the real one after all a lord of change is part of the most cunning god of them all. But this encourages you not to be a dick because as I said before in meny post.

Bringing nagash in a low unit game is no better the bringing a titan in a 600 point warhammer 40k game.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Brother-Sergeant

Completely agree... I play with people that play for fun... In AoS I could always bring thanquol and never lose... 2d6 mortal wounds... He kills nagash in two turns... :-P I don't bring him... He feels broken...
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

My friend Zeus and I were discussing summoning and we agreed that Lizardmen have the upper hand when it comes to summoning units,The Slann can cast three spells per turn and can summon special characters and troops.

Unlike VC that can only summon two hero choices (Banshee and Cairn Wraith) and troops, It doesn't bother me one bit that I can't summon the cool characters.

Now in the only game I played so far (lizardmen versus VC) we actually called a summoning truce after the third turn due to the fact it was adding too much time to the game.

In 8th I would raise Zombies galore, but now summoning can be more harmful then helpful if you raise too much. So knowing that I really have to think is the cost worth the risk.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by artisturn View Post
    My friend Zeus and I were discussing summoning and we agreed that Lizardmen have the upper hand when it comes to summoning units,The Slann can cast three spells per turn and can summon special characters and troops.

Unlike VC that can only summon two hero choices (Banshee and Cairn Wraith) and troops, It doesn't bother me one bit that I can't summon the cool characters.

Now in the only game I played so far (lizardmen versus VC) we actually called a summoning truce after the third turn due to the fact it was adding too much time to the game.

In 8th I would raise Zombies galore, but now summoning can be more harmful then helpful if you raise too much. So knowing that I really have to think is the cost worth the risk.
    Don't forget Daemons. Any Chaos Wizard can summon them, Daemon, Mortal, or Beast, and ALL of the Daemons are summonable (except for a few specifics), not just a couple Heroes and Troops.

Even if you limited each Hero to a maximum of 1 per, there are far more models capable of summoning in a Chaos army than the Seraphon or Undead. And many of them can also Summon, in turn.

And let's face it, most Daemons are more dangerous than the average zombie or skeleton.

I made a house rule using gaming summoning rules that each wizard can only maintain control of x amount of spells they can cast as summons so for instance a wizard that can cast one spell can only ever have 1 summon active at a given time.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Don't forget Daemons. Any Chaos Wizard can summon them, Daemon, Mortal, or Beast, and ALL of the Daemons are summonable (except for a few specifics), not just a couple Heroes and Troops.

Even if you limited each Hero to a maximum of 1 per, there are far more models capable of summoning in a Chaos army than the Seraphon or Undead. And many of them can also Summon, in turn.

And let's face it, most Daemons are more dangerous than the average zombie or skeleton.
    Remember thanquol tried to summon a verminlord... Summoned a blood thirster by accident and almost died... So I guess I can summon any daemon I want... Skaven are chaos now...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ColeVVatkins View Post
    Remember thanquol tried to summon a verminlord... Summoned a blood thirster by accident and almost died... So I guess I can summon any daemon I want... Skaven are chaos now...
    I did forget the Verminkin in that assessment, yes. But I haven't studied their Warscrolls but for the most cursory.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    I did forget the Verminkin in that assessment, yes. But I haven't studied their Warscrolls but for the most cursory.
    All you need to know is that all skaven casters have the keywords chaos and wizards... :-P

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast