BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by ColeVVatkins View Post
    As in can only summon one unit/model and you have to have the unit/model(warscroll) on the battlefield.
    "Yeah, well, that's just like...your opinion...man..."
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

the core thing is if you go to a game to be a *** just to prove you dislike the game why are you even playing the game to begin with? to prove that your an *** or to try and direct people away from it because your an *** I will use two examples.

Bring nagash to a low unit game to try and prove how broken the game is...

Bring a baneblade to a 600 point game to try and prove how broken the game is...

See same concept your doing it out of spite GW want you to be mature about it and play the game as intend that is to have fun is it really that hard to believe hell I personally go to games and restrict myself because I want a challenge and it fits my army's theme because that's how I see fun. You know what people are turning into when they act like an *** there turning into those guys who would make fun of people for playing warhammer to begin with you know the ones who would walk past gaming groups and act like a idiot and start talking about the game in a dumb way with stupid reasoning to mock everyone.
    Last edited by Xaric; 07-23-2015 at 11:53 PM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

The wider community has ever been 'self policing' in that regard.

Points or no points, restrictions or no restrictions, there have always been claims X is too hard, Y is too soft, Z is way out etc, and very, very rarely is there any kind of meaningful consensus.

It doesn't particularly help matters that 'beardy' 'cheesey' and 'sub-par/sub-optimal' are ultimately beyond absolutely definition.

Like it or not, but the total removal of points has put the onus squarely upon the people playing that specific game. I'm yet to encounter someone who carefully deploys until they're 'a third minus one' more numerous, bagging maximum advantage without granting me a sudden death option, though of course it remains early days.

As for efforts to come up with some kind of point system? Go for it. I genuinely applaud such efforts, as it's all part and parcel of the hobby, and indeed always has been.

Important thing to remember? there are no right or wrong ways to do this. The game may not have been written with organised competitive gaming in mind, but if that's your bag, that's your bag. The game very much appears to have been written for scenario and narrative play, and does not necessitate exactly equal armies, but that doesn't make that the only or even 'correct' way to play it.

And my final golden rule? A penis will be a penis, regardless of the game you're playing. RPGs? They won't really play to character, freely switching between behaviours purely to get some advantage, pour over the source books in search of the ultimate combo. Monopoly? Get all moody when someone else bags Parklane or Mayfair and refuses to sell to them. Snap? Yeah, they'll be a dick about that as well. They'll turn up to a tournament, and loudly whinge about why tournaments are bad and all other tournament players are cheesey Neckbeards. They'll go to the pub with you to see a local band play live, and complain about the volume, the choice of songs and the range of beers.

It's inescapable, so the only way forward is to ignore them and make the best of it - no matter where they show up on life's journey
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Is it wrong that I see massed summoning as a hilariously bad idea tactically to the point what I'm planing being my standard army for AOS does not actually include any summoners, like I don't want to suffer 500% casualties
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax ion pusscabe View Post
    Is it wrong that I see massed summoning as a hilariously bad idea tactically to the point what I'm planing being my standard army for AOS does not actually include any summoners, like I don't want to suffer 500% casualties
    No, it's not wrong. You see the price you pay for summoning, and why you don't have to do silly things like start with the unit on the table or included in your army.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax ion pusscabe View Post
    It's a risk certainly.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Though it'll be interesting to see how my army of nothing but skeleton key worded units will go, especially with the new shieldwall ability
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Brother-Sergeant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    "Yeah, well, that's just like...your opinion...man..."
    I agree... It's just how we have been playing to keep people from being @holes...

Also most summoning can olny be used 18" and cant be placed within 9" of a enemy if there is terrain all over the place and most of the enemy are moving up chance's are you will be pushed back and wont have the room to summon.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Brother-Captain

Of course this may all become moot when the actual AoS Warcrolls are released we are just basing this off the PDF make do ones at the moment. Also just basing it on the 4 page basic rules is somewhat misleading as that is the bare bones of the game. The scenarios in the basic book have additional/different summoning rules.

That is the real rub the game at the moment plays best within the various scenarios rather than the line up and fight way described in the basic rules. If you and your opponent decide on a scenario that explains why you necromancer has spent the weeks preceding the battle seeding the battle field with the corpses of every ressurectable creature ever then why not? Of course that is the answer we've not really considered for the OP, he wasn't allowed to summon as he wished because the scenario the manager was having people play had things done differently.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast