BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

And it's all hypothetical nonsense.

If you do A, I'll do B. And if I do B, you'll do C - so on and so forth.

Yes, Thanquol can be pokey. But like everything in AoS, far from insurmountably so.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

Yes, Thanquol can be pokey. But like everything in AoS, far from insurmountably so.
    Agreed... I was just bragging that I haven't seen a hero go Toe to toe with Thanquol... I know any and everything can kill him... If you focus him turn 1 you may be able to kill him... But he is just one model/13 wounds... So I still have an army when he dies... :-)
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

Okey your clearly playing the game in a 1v1 format remove the tag hero vs hero if I throw a unit designed to kill another unit then of course that unit will win that is simple game mechanic's...

My comment is more logical because lets face it we play with groups of units not just 1 unit vs 1 unit... because the reason I used bloodreaver is because they are designed in mind to have high damage output and very weak saves I wouldn't use my hero because he has high saves and multiple wounds and those saves would be ignored because of mortal wounds... try to think more tactical in the future.

Also thanquol is a monster and also he's a general type unit and his skills are designed to kill monsters/hero type units... so your telling me because he can kill your unit that is weak to him is unfair I call that its your fault with your poor choice of units vs units.

Lets look at my general type monster Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage if I charge and fly over and land behind the unit that has multiple units around him this includes hero's as they are 1 model in a unit and I roll a 6 to wound on a normal unit every unit 8" around that unit takes 3 mortal wounds so say good bye to all your hero's that are within the ranks of 1 wounds units to anything with less then 3 wounds and no protection vs. mortal wounds

If you ask well he cant go past units unfortunately that's the benefit from fly and if I do a charge just outside 3" and the charge distance reaches behind your unit its viable now que the hate
    Last edited by Xaric; 08-04-2015 at 12:42 AM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Much in the way that Ronda Rousey can be beaten by another woman.

No, not even close.

As aforementioned - a pair of Tundertusks have the range on him, and can deliver the hurty-pain-pain very, very quickly.

2 x Frost Wreathed Ice, and there is an exceptionally high chance poor old Thanquol will be left on a single wound, and with two Harpoon Launchers, there's a fair chance he won't survive the first turn.

And it's no good hanging Thanquol back on that count because of his piddly 8" range, and even if I do wind up in his range, he can only tickle one at a time
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Give Mr Mystery a cookie please at least he understands how to exploit a targets weakness please fill free to take notes from him.

So what have we learned today class thanquol is weak to range so you have two ways to exploit this tie him up with loads of 1 wound no save models and shoot him at range or use a lot of ranged fire power focusing him down.

The problem with a number of monsters is they loose effectiveness when they suffer wounds.

So far the weakness chart goes as follow

Monster weak too siege weapon
    Siege weapon weak the mounted fast models
    mounted fast models are weak to high resistance units
    high resistance units are weak to numbers of low wound models with high attacks
    Low wound models with high attacks are weak to monsters

Now you can remove the weakness if you combined two units together or enhance them using bonuses but this is completely theory as every model in this game is different.
    Last edited by Xaric; 08-04-2015 at 07:43 AM.

No, not even close.

As aforementioned - a pair of Tundertusks have the range on him, and can deliver the hurty-pain-pain very, very quickly.

2 x Frost Wreathed Ice, and there is an exceptionally high chance poor old Thanquol will be left on a single wound, and with two Harpoon Launchers, there's a fair chance he won't survive the first turn.

And it's no good hanging Thanquol back on that count because of his piddly 8" range, and even if I do wind up in his range, he can only tickle one at a time
    So yeah, I was close. You're talking about having two "heavyweights" take on one. If you take two fighters that are a touch under Rousey's caliber and have them take her on at the same time, she can be beaten. Similar concept.

Of course, the Skaven player could just summon in Daemons, too. Because why not? Or just throw in Warp Lightning Cannons. And then it becomes a race to see who can throw out the most ranged stuff that does wounds that can't be saved. Cold War FTW?

erik if that is what is needed they call that a war of attrition

Dude, I could field a single Thundertusk and still flatten Thanquol.

Hence my original point - Thanquol is nasty - but still relatively easy to deal with.

Dude, I could field a single Thundertusk and still flatten Thanquol.

Hence my original point - Thanquol is nasty - but still relatively easy to deal with.
    What if thanquol is bubble wrapped?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast