BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Ah but they're not the one shown on the Warscroll, therefore totes invalid.

Stop cheating.

no, not really.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I haven't played against nagash yet, but I want too. I think I have enough helstorm batteries that it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Ah but they're not the one shown on the Warscroll, therefore totes invalid.

Stop cheating.

no, not really.
    I guess that comes down to description if the description said it carry's a weapon but the model you are using does not have that weapon then you cant use that part of the profile
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    This is indeed the correct thanquol and boneripper model, purchased from Games Workshop and by their own rules I am allowed to use them as Thanquol and Boneripper as that is what they are.
    Reminds me of the Cardboard Ork Dreadnought you got in the 2nd ed box set. Totally legal as a dreadnought in official tournaments.

As an aside, I honestly do want to find an old Nagash sometime. Not because I think short Nagash has a tactical advantage, but because I have the hubris to think I might be able to make that mini look decent, and want to have a crack at it.

www.GardenNinja.com

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    As an aside, I honestly do want to find an old Nagash sometime. Not because I think short Nagash has a tactical advantage, but because I have the hubris to think I might be able to make that mini look decent, and want to have a crack at it.
    I actually had one lying around still, just had to dig it out and get a layer of "time" off of it (that weird crud that sometimes accumulates on metal figures). The local GW store had a diorama contest where it had to fit on a Knight's base. Since it was right before the new Nagash's release, I decided to use the old Nagash in a diorama with him raising fresh Undead around him, simple concept but I only had like a week to do it in. I also magnetized his feet so I could make another base for him of the proper size to use in Warhammer.

He actually turned out looking pretty good (considering the time I had to paint him). Went with the typical purple robes, but black armor (as he SHOULD have), avoided any of the too-colorful stuff. The only issue is that his skull still looks odd. If you could find a replacement head, it'd be a solid model.

I'll try to get some images later.

Librarian

I feel that the awful happy clown skull is too much of what makes that mini 'special.'

I couldn't replace it. That'd be like cheating.

www.GardenNinja.com

Still have an old nagash and an old bloodthirster (that one that looks like the gargyle from hero quest)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819