BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well he did want us to explain how combat works Cole lol
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    well he did want us to explain how combat works Cole lol
    I thought we tried that... 1 Hit roll... 2 Wound roll... 3 Save roll... 4 distribute wounds (1,2,3,d3,d6)

The biggest problem here appears to be the lexicon used while presenting the combat resolution. Mostly re-using the word "wound" too many times. Here is something a little more clear:

First an attack uses a "To-Hit" roll (attacker rolls) to determine if the blow has been struck
    Secondly a successful attack uses a "To-Wound" roll (attacker rolls) to determine if the blow was solid
    Thirdly a solid blow begets a "Save-Roll" (defender rolls) to determine if the model's armour or physical traits is enough to shrug off the blow, perhaps the armour stops the attack, or the creature's raw constitution allows it to ignore any damage done.

Finally you compare the number of failed saves to the attack's damage characteristic and then that many wounds are applied to the unit. For clarification, usually this number of models is removed.
    The big hang up is "To-Wound" doesn't mean "One Wound" it means a chance for the weapon to deal damage. Unfortunately the health/vitality/durability of models is still measured in wounds which clutters up the description of combat resolution.

Initiate

Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies it really helped.
    I have had a couple of games and I am clued in on the rules.
    I guess it didnt help that the last game I played was so long ago it was 7th edition.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mattman77 View Post
    Thanks for the replies it really helped.
    I have had a couple of games and I am clued in on the rules.
    I guess it didnt help that the last game I played was so long ago it was 7th edition.
    As long as your are back... You enjoy AOS?
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12