BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Are GW the best miniatures company in the world?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

67 48.20%
  • No.

72 51.80%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

If the measure of a business is the amount of money made then GW is the best miniatures company by a long way. But that's a direct reply to the poll.

As for the topic title. Still yes but not because they are better than every other companies miniatures in everyway. When you add up all the factors, quality, material, detail, availability customer service and the rest GW still comes out on top
    Last edited by grimmas; 07-25-2015 at 02:13 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Battle-Brother
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I would qualify it this way - They are not the best miniature company(many make better looking ones) but they are the best in terms of usability and robustness (especially their newer plastics) combined with aesthetics.

I voted "Yes" for best company (overall, marketing, and such) but I don't consider their miniatures the best.
    They have some lovely minis, but almost every company have those - the ones you wish to own and paint, and hope to use in a game in the future
    I don't like "heroic scale", I prefer their LotR range of minis, so I hope they'll do similar things in the future.

the gw plastic kits are REALLY good if not the best. people who are bad painters/modelers often tout forgeworld but they have so many miscasts and issues.... resin in general is awful and metal minis from other companys a lot of times have HORRIBLE mold lines over details

Nothing can compete with Kingdom Death, as far as I am concerned.

No. No one is the best miniatures company. All have pros and cons. Aesthetic tastes of each person make it a pointless question.

Baron - House Descanso

Time ago,maybe.Today...obviously no
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Their customer service used to be great, but now it's *terrible*. Just really, really bad. Their prices are atrocious for what you get. They've moved towards monopose kits. The design influences that are evident in the latest IG release, as well as the last Chaos release, Centurions, etc, are a mess. Somebody just put this bloated mess of a company out of its ******* misery so someone who cares about the gaming community can take over the IP.

I'd call them the worst, but Defiance Games took that particular trophy home years ago

Librarian

Having seen pics of the kingdom death models and having put together some of the new malifaux kits together, GW is not the best mini company out there.

They do make some good figures and I have quite a few and with the resources they have they should be good ,but at this moment in time I would say that Anvil Industries are beating them for quality .I have purchased a fair number of their resin figures and all have been perfect casts with few mould lines and little clean up needed.The detail is top line and the poses very well done.However beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in this sort of debate we can all shoot each other down.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast