BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

well I will stick to base to base measurements anyway, so that wont matter. the small oval bases wont stick out a lot beyond knights
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Fair enough, then.

I have a bunch of spare bike bases, I'm going to just use them for now, unless I feel like I seriously need them for actual bikes (maybe my old Ork Warbikes?).

Fly Lord

Judicators Warscroll (just added to the Age of Sigmar App)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	judicators.jpg 
Views:	724 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	15153

Decent weapon options!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

I wonder how mnH people GW I are expecting to rush out and rebate their models. I can't imagine ,any people will bother.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Too much Gin Wildey?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Again, I just have to note how if the Judicators had rifles with their naming conventions, they'd be called boltguns.

Their bolt weapons even include "rapid-firing" crossbows.

I'm a bit confused on how the bow is stronger and better at piercing armor, but I guess their crossbows are just meant to be the kind that sacrifices power for rapid shots. Still, I'd just go with the bows, because they have long range and will punch holes in a lot of stuff.

I love how they point out that they each carry a "sharp Storm Gladius." Thanks, guys. I thought they might be carrying a dull one. Glad we got that confusion sorted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I wonder how mnH people GW I are expecting to rush out and rebate their models. I can't imagine ,any people will bother.
    Can't be too many, because a properly build model is a PITA to get off its base. I'm considering it with my Daemons, because I use them in 40K too, but I'll probably end up cutting the bases carefully, gluing what's left onto a round base, and using green stuff to work it together (then cover it with textured paint and no one's really going to notice that a few models are higher). Might do it with my Ogres, because I haven't painted them yet, but I'm guessing their bases will be a write-off if I do, as there's plenty of contact area on the feet, and I use good plastic cement on my plastic models (and my entire Ogre army is plastic, even the characters, who I converted from a box of Bulls with a bunch of spare bits).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Too much Gin Wildey?
    I wish. Just a combination of fat fingers, small IPad keys and an imaginative auto-correct.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    not really much different space wise, the cavalry models these days are pretty large. and you want a little bit of base for detailing. plus I think with most of the army on round bases, the bike bases would annoy me too much, too close to square. oval bases match much better to the rest of the force.

in an ideal world I would leave them all on square bases for both games, but skirmishing with square bases would annoy me way too much
    You can always hybrid build the long oval bases for bikes and cavalry by cutting a standard round base in half and gluing it to the ends of a cavalry base with just a bit take off the ends to keep it from being too long. Sure it means using twice the number of bases than usual, but it'll give you the rounded look without excess base area. A friend of mine did it for all hid Ravenwing bikes and it's a big improvement. I know exactly what you mean about square edges among round bases!
    BHound1981
    https://www.facebook.com/IAWargamming

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BHound1981 View Post
    You can always hybrid build the long oval bases for bikes and cavalry by cutting a standard round base in half and gluing it to the ends of a cavalry base with just a bit take off the ends to keep it from being too long. Sure it means using twice the number of bases than usual, but it'll give you the rounded look without excess base area. A friend of mine did it for all hid Ravenwing bikes and it's a big improvement. I know exactly what you mean about square edges among round bases!
    I actually did this with 40mm round/square bases to get extra space for base detailing.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I actually did this with 40mm round/square bases to get extra space for base detailing.
    You did that for your regular bikes? Wow - that's a serious base!
    BHound1981
    https://www.facebook.com/IAWargamming

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast