BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Second time it happened I was holed below the water line, so was lucky enough to kill the destroyer that launched them before I sunk, still annoying though

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

it is yeah, seems to happen to me at least once every time I play. sometimes I misjudge the strategy, sometimes I am very clever about their approach, but they launch them wildly all over the place and it somehow works. especially if you are in a destroyer and a single torpedo can sink you.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I was impressed with myself when I managed to turn into them and slip between a salvo on my most successful game last night
    But was disappointed to not get the kill on the aircraft carrier.

Chapter-Master

yeah I had that with my lumbering battleship the other day, full torpedo spread against me, full starboard rudder, convinced I am going to sink, somehow weave between them Matrix like and avoided every single one. I bet the opponent was as surprised as I was. Sinking carriers is my favourite thing in the world.

First-Captain

ohhh yes, those epic dodges less fun when it's the enemy battleship doing it to your torpedo bomber strike though... xD
    Also, do remember you can not only repair damaged modules with the repair kit, but also fire and flooding (I've seen Battleship captains that apparently didn't know that sink to my torpedoes several minutes after the hits...). When you know/suspect there's a Destroyer near you (or Torp Bomber strike incoming, for that matter) it's often worth it to hang on to the ability until you've seen their torpedoes, since flooding does a lot of damage - don't use the repair too early!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

I'd already used it to put out the fire from guns

Played another match last night, it was kind of hilariously bad but I did ok. Came second in my teams rankings, also the second last ship to sink and that was only because I was closer to the bulk of the opposition than the last ship to sink. Got absolutely slaughtered lol sunk 3 of their ships in total, with me doing most of the damage to one of them. I think I am enjoying the Japanese cruiser more though I've only played a few matches so whatever.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Awesome

Had a fun match last night. Using my new tier 2 cruiser maneuvered past a few islands and got up behind a couple of enemy cruisers and a destroyer, sunk a cruiser, crippled another and had outmaneuvered the destroyer so they were behind another island unable to launch torpedoes at me and was about to sink the second cruiser when some ****wit on my own side launched torpedoes in my path headed NW when the ship they were aiming at was heading SW and was already out of the firing arc and no ships except me were sailing into it. got sunk by the idiot before I could sink the second ship. ><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

such a pain when they do stuff like that, launching torpedoes willy nilly that have no chance at all of hitting any enemy

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast