BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

very nice indeed. I was on earlier in the evening, got my Phoenix fully upgraded, and not too far away from the hull upgrade on the Wyoming. no amazing matches, no terrible ones either, I'll take that.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

My six year old cousin is able to play WoWS with her WoT account, so I used it a bit to play. I did pretty well against bots. Only in an erie and just unlocked the chester after 3 matches or something. Got obliterfried in my first and only match against players lol, obviously not as good with the erie as bots led me to believe. My ickle cousin is much better than me.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

keep it up, we all started out looking for Penguins on every island in sight and hitting more fishies than boats with our shells Interesting six-year-old by the way, but we've noticed that from your stories before
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

First-Captain

well that was one of the games where everything goes right... there I was, driving my Isokaze (Tier 4 Japanese destroyer), and what do you know... the enemy kept driving straight into all my torpedoes... end of the story was six kills via 14 torpedo hits (one destroyer, two cruisers and three battleships if memory serves), First Blood, Confederate and High Caliber, 130.000 damage (the Isokaze has 13k health...), 200k Credits and 4800XP.
    Wow.
    What a way to end a day on the high seas that was until that point rather meh.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

I'm thinking about switching to Japanese cruisers when I play again, apparently they have longer ranged dakka which might suit me more.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

it is definitely worth planning in advance, you don't want to spend a lot of hours working on a tech tree for a country you don't end up liking. I went for the US ships purely for aesthetic reasons, will go British because they are British... I would like a Bismark though, and my brother really wants a Yamato...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm thinking about switching to Japanese cruisers when I play again, apparently they have longer ranged dakka which might suit me more.
    speaking as a distinct non-expert, my impressions are:
    the Japanese cruisers are actually less shooty than their USN counterparts for the most part, and less armoured, but have better Torpedoes (which, in later Tiers, means any at all, and very scary ones too, so they are better against Battleships). An exception is the IJN T7 Myoko, which beats the snot out of every other cruiser until Tier10 pretty much, while the USN T7, the Pensacola, is arguably worse than the T6 Cleveland.
    just to continue that comparison, since it might help...
    On the Destroyer front, the Japanese ones are much better at their main offensive job because they have the stealth capabilities to get in, launch Torps and get out unseen if you do it right, which can be incredibly fun to try and pull off against good opponents. USN Destroyers have worse torpedoes and much worse stealth (7-8km detection radius vs. 6km, with Torpedo ranges of 5,5km vs. 7km for earlier Tiers), but have the advantage of actually having more than pea shooters for guns, which is a huge advantage in a Destroyer duel. And they can still wreck unwary opponents they get the drop on, it's just much harder to sneak in.
    As for battleships, the first outings (T3) for both nations are frankly equally terrible, but after that both have very solid ships, with the IJN tending to have less but bigger and longer ranged guns and being much much faster. I feel like a straight brawl usually goes to the USN, but considering the IJNs other advantages that's only fair.
    Carrier wise there's a distinct split in what they do best - US Carriers have better fighters while Japan has way more strike capability. Neither of those is strictly more useful, but if left alone a Japanese carrier will do more damage than a US one, while a Carrier duel often goes to the latter.

Chapter-Master

don't know how much I will be on this week, World of Tanks is being updated as we speak for Xbox One release tomorrow, so I might be playing a lot of that. on the other hand, I couldn't get the open beta to work, and that was only a few weeks ago. so if it doesn't I will be back in warships.

Chapter-Master

Had an hour last night, couple of good games - managed to sink four ships in one battle, but a couple of nasty ones as well when I got ambushed by torpedoes and sunk almost immediately.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

yeah that happens sometimes

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast