BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

liking the sound of the German Cruisers 'long range precision bombardment'

will have to download the update
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

oh yes those are a ton of fun to play - at least the one available as a preview, the Tier 5 Königsberg. They're generally kinda fragile (bad armour but decent hit points), long gun range, good against other cruisers but weaker against battleships, and when things get too close they've got some very good torpedo launchers. I'll definitely play the hell outta that line

€dit: I just noticed now that they did a bit of a rebalance before releasing the ships - now the German Cruisers have crazy good armour piercing shells (20% better than the competition), while their high explosive shells (useful against things that your AP will either go straight through (=Destroyers) or bounce off of (=Battleships' belt armour)) are worse than their USN or IJN counterparts. So they're very much skill-based sniper ships (since with AP it matters a great deal where on the target your shell lands while HE will mostly just explode anyway)! Love it!
    Last edited by Tyrendian; 10-19-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

downloading my free copy of Pro Evo 16 tonight, but I will update WoW tomorrow and take to the seas again this week, maybe try the Russians too

First-Captain

now that I've played them a bit, the early German ships are anything but snipers - any Ork would be very proud of the amount of Dakka they put out though, with their numerous, fast-firing small caliber guns they make sure you'll always have something to fire, which is certainly fun even if the damage per salvo is accordingly meh.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

sounds fun

First-Captain

aaaand a bit of a thread necro, because at long long last there's actually interesting news in World of Warships: Team Battles are now a thing. Organized 7v7, with functions to fill in if your group of friends doesn't have enough people online. Hella fun when you've got a good group of captains, especially when coordinating everything via Teamspeak.

Chapter-Master

I should really come back to this, but so many other things...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I do need to play this again.

First-Captain

also, they just announced Russian Cruisers as the next new line. Yeah. That's right! The mighty and powerful Russian/Soviet navy, famous for all its successful combat operations, gets expanded before there's more than one Royal Navy ship (although I'll admit HMS Warspite is quite the beast), and before German Battleships which reportedly will come with Gamescom in August. *sigh* oh well Wargaming are Russians after all, and so is a good part of their market. As long as those things aren't as OP as some of the Russian Premium ships...

Chapter-Master

I mainly just want German and British navies

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast