BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I found early BBs very hard work- as soon as I got carriers I got rid of them. That may change when the Royal Navy is finally released...
    yeah the early Battleships we have so far aren't brilliant... Wyoming isn't bad, but those lines really start coming into their own from Tier 5 onwards and pretty much only get better from there on, especially compared to cruisers (mainly, their Cruiser-deleting powers increase substantially, with growing player skill playing a big part in that)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

had a quick spin this afternoon. I am not really a fan of the Wyoming, though it does look quite cool with the hull upgrade. just too inaccurate really. St Louis is still my favourite.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

St Louis - +1...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

First-Captain

well that was one FUN evening... Triple Yamato division with two guys from the WoWS forums... that power level was definitely greater than 8999...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

First-Captain

St Patricks Day event with x3 XP for first win of the day - good time to get back into the game!

Chapter-Master

Right, serious question now. If you are in a Cruiser or a BB, you are detected at 10k+ range. You fire and fight back at that range.

In that case is there any reason at all why you wouldn't go and sit your fat bottomed ship in an objective, getting 2+ while you're in it, stopping the enemy getting points, and hopefully securing it for your team?

I see so many big ships going round in circles, doing their thang, and I think FFS actually do something toward your mission objective.

Am I missing something here?

Chapter-Master

People being more interested in their K/D ratio than pursuing the objective?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

First-Captain

yeah people will always be people... although, since the caps are usually kinda open, you might want to stay in cover sometimes, or you think you can't get a good angle to fire while being in the cap. Also depends a lot on the tier you're playing - the higher you go the more harshly your positioning mistakes are punished, especially in a cruiser that exposes himself to fire from multiple Yamatos/Montanas.

Chapter-Master

I see about the objs being open - but if you are in combat, you might as well fight from the objective - if its not already yours. The amount of times I am looking at the score, we are 850-750 up, but they have 2 objs and then kill a ship - boom - a win stat, and more XP for the enemy. It drives me nuts beyond everything including getting team killed by an eejit spraying torps at targets beyond their range.

Its like 40K - play the mission!!!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I see about the objs being open - but if you are in combat, you might as well fight from the objective - if its not already yours. The amount of times I am looking at the score, we are 850-750 up, but they have 2 objs and then kill a ship - boom - a win stat, and more XP for the enemy. It drives me nuts beyond everything including getting team killed by an eejit spraying torps at targets beyond their range.

Its like 40K - play the mission!!!
    yeah no kidding, sometimes it's way too frustrating... although while you are actually in combat you will not cap it ever because the progress will constantly get reset. So while you are involved serious fighting (as in being constantly shot at) you're often better off a bit farther back where you can dodge better, and cap when the fight is won. An exception being when the enemy already has that cap and you can deny them the ticking points, but that's pretty risky play for the few points of difference it usually makes.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast