BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

there is a tutorial level somewhere apparently. I never found it but the survey asked me if I had done it

you can choose to do PvP or against bots, it is up to you. I prefer the bots in many ways, fewer ships allows more manoeuvrability and chance for sneak attacks etc.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

yeah, and the bots aren't even half bad to boot - great way to learn the game, though with less XP and credit rewards. The jump from them to human opponents isn't that big either because you'll almost always face ships of at least a similar tier, and thus opponents of often similar experience. The hard limit is two tiers up I think, and the teams tend to be balanced out in terms of raw tier numbers - only real exception is when two people play in a premade division together and the higher-tier guy drags his friend up into his weight class, but that's entirely your own fault then...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Neat, might give it a shot then.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

or eight 155mm shots...

First-Captain

bah... try HMS Warspite with its eight 456mm! (and yes, the Royal Navy will later be included fully - just not yet, Warspite is the only Brit on the High Seas so far...)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

I really like the look of the Atlanta, but not for £23...

looking forward to British ships coming in. and German ships too, they need to do a Bismark scenario...

No Royal Navy? Boo.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

there will be. just do what I do and learn how to play on the silly US ships, then when the real ones come out you know what you are doing

A compelling argument.

so is it WWII period stuff again or a broader time period?

Chapter-Master

WW1 starters I think form the background text.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast