BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Also, Mandrake Bastion procured.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Archaon gathering an army seems... redundant. Didn't he lead the forces of Chaos to beat Sigmar into hiding in the first place? Then what, he let his army splinter, so now he has to gather it again?

Can we kill Archaon (again) so that a new Chaos Lord can come about? This is the fourth time he's collected a mass army for Chaos, and he still hasn't brought them final victory. One time he failed so hard they had to retcon it, one time he got killed by the god he swore doesn't exist, now he "wins" but let that not-god get away, so now he has to assemble a new army and go on the defensive? I don't think even Thanquol failed that many times, that hard, at accomplishing his personal goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Archaon gathering an army seems... redundant. Didn't he lead the forces of Chaos to beat Sigmar into hiding in the first place? Then what, he let his army splinter, so now he has to gather it again?
    He 'lost' or something, somewhere between the End Times and Age of Sigmar he died or was defeated or something, it's pretty hazy, but yeah he already went through the trials again to earn their favor back, though he pays no heed to the horned rat (so he has the blessing of Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch)

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    He 'lost' or something, somewhere between the End Times and Age of Sigmar he died or was defeated or something, it's pretty hazy, but yeah he already went through the trials again to earn their favor back, though he pays no heed to the horned rat (so he has the blessing of Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch)
    Diederick Kastner (Archaon) is Be'lakor's son... So could he have been elevated to the gods?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I don't think even Thanquol failed that many times, that hard, at accomplishing his personal goal.
    Woah woah... You leave Thanquol out of this... That rat is a godsend!
    Using my phone. Sorry for errors.

Hey, I like Thanquol, he just has an unfortunate history... which he then turns around by leading Skaven to crush pretty much everyone in their path.

Archaon's story in AoS was one of the things that bugged me and felt like a retcon was in the works. His background mirrored his original story, and it seemed odd that Archaon rose to power and became the Everchosen and led them to destroy the world... and then after being pulled into the world-destroying vortex he has to do the exact same thing over again, with the same goal in mind. It would make more sense if they'd just decided to re-form their Everchosen just because they wanted someone to lead their armies while they giggled at the slaughter they unleashed on the survivors of their prior massacre.

Brother-Sergeant

I don't want to read the same story... Give me anything new

OP updated with Assault on the Mandrake Bastion.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

May have to tweak the format, else that post is going to get very, very long!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    May have to tweak the format, else that post is going to get very, very long!
    It looks long... But that's just the spacing... Extremely short and easy read... Can you make a spoiler post? So I don't have to buy mandrake bastion? :-P

Nope!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast