BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

And I know who he is now

It's revealed in War Storm.

And I've got a reasonable idea who the Silver Maiden is off the back of that....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Ooh, interesting.

This forum needs a spoiler tag!

No need!

My overviews are guaranteed spoiler free. I might point to a reveal, but never spoil it.

It's intended as a guide to what happens and when, and where you can read about it.

May have to do this as a spread sheet soon - already it's getting sprawling!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yeah.

Easy peasy.

So far, there is nothing to suggest all Stormcast Eternal's are male, or that you cannot Stormcast Eternal a female.

Lack of PoV characters so far doesn't rule it out - who knows what will happen in future stories?
    That doesn't solve the issue I pointed out... Assuming there are some females in the suits, it'd still be women wearing armor designed to suggest men, which in turn suggests that the feminine form that the women had in life isn't deemed "worthy enough" to be the form they take as an Eternal. You're still transforming women into men, basically.

If they made Eternals that looked female, cool. And they'd probably look pretty good (assuming you're into the Eternals' look... some of it's a bit too overblown for me). But for now, to suggest there's women in the suits means Sigmar still didn't want his soldiers to actually look like women, even the ones who were.

It's more of the same issue with lack of gender representation, but I can't see that being fixed any time soon, because there's this weird thing where they say they recognize a problem and then don't actually try to fix it (i.e. noting that their customers seem to all be teenage boys and really young men, and then the very first army they introduce for AoS appeals specifically to that demographic rather than a wider appeal). If someone could go slap them (and a bunch of other game manufacturers, especially in video games) that women actually *do* want to play their games, if they weren't treated as second-class in the process, we might get some good female models across the ranges, rather than relying on the "evil" third party manufacturers.

There's stuff mentioned in the stories we've not seen yet.

There's nothing to say only men can be reforged.

Armour is armour. I go LARPing. Very, very few of the women bother with Nork shaped chest plates, or stot about in fur bikinis, because it's just not practical.

With plate in particular, you'll typically have gambeson, chainmail, then the final clank over the top - and you need space to breathe. Hence its normally pretty formless. Incorporating lady lumps just makes it needlessly bulkier.

The Stormcast are kind of coded male but if they came out and said a heap of them are women inside or whatever it wouldn't be an issue. Problem is GW probably won't even think of it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Background remains a PoV Character Sausagefest so far.

Just about done with the second story in War Storm, so just one more to go, then when I can figure out how to download it as part of the Subscription, the second story/chapter of Call of Archaon.

Not surprising, they had an opportunity to come out with a revitalized WFB setting more in keeping with what todays market demographic is but instead they seemed to have doubled down on white guy sausage fest.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Actually....not so much just White Guy.

People of colour are directly mentioned in War Storm.

So, a step forward, if not quite as big a step as hoped.

We still have mention of 'The Silver Maiden' PW posted about. I think I know who this might be, but not what. Could be a Mangst plot device (do you like what I did there?) sure, but could also be a female chamber of Stormcast.

Well that's a start.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast