BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

And, for the first time in a long, long time, we have GW painted models in non-white skin tones, which is a big step for them!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The Stormcast are kind of coded male but if they came out and said a heap of them are women inside or whatever it wouldn't be an issue. Problem is GW probably won't even think of it.
    Well, unless they said 'some are women!' and then continued to exclusively refer to Stormcast using male pronouns like they're currently doing, while using it as an excuse not to put more women elsewhere.

Which is what I suspect is going to happen. Non-chaos humans so far appear to be extinct in AoS, which leaves only elves and sigmarites for good guy women.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Definitely human survivors - a group feature in the starter set tie in novel. And one of them is a woman (at least one. Doesn't state about the others for the most part).
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    There's stuff mentioned in the stories we've not seen yet.

There's nothing to say only men can be reforged.

Armour is armour. I go LARPing. Very, very few of the women bother with Nork shaped chest plates, or stot about in fur bikinis, because it's just not practical.

With plate in particular, you'll typically have gambeson, chainmail, then the final clank over the top - and you need space to breathe. Hence its normally pretty formless. Incorporating lady lumps just makes it needlessly bulkier.
    *Sigh.*

I don't expect bikinis, because those are stupid. And that's putting it MILDLY.

I wouldn't expect "lady humps" except the armor right now is specifically carved to represent a man's torso. So if it's a woman, either it should represent her torso in some way, or they should change it to be more formless, as real armor would be.

For now, to imagine there's a woman in the armor, means she is being forced to take on the image of a man specifically. Not something that could represent either, but very specifically a man. So it's really worse if there are women in some of the suits. (Of course, given how women are generally nowhere to be seen unless in their own factions, like the increasingly forgotten Sisters of Battle or Mordheim's Sisters of Sigmar, we shouldn't expect female Eternals. Or much of anything else female.)

OP now updated with what I've read of War Storm.

Image of a man, or image of the God King, letting the foe know exactly who is kicking their butts?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Well, unless they said 'some are women!' and then continued to exclusively refer to Stormcast using male pronouns like they're currently doing, while using it as an excuse not to put more women elsewhere.

Which is what I suspect is going to happen. Non-chaos humans so far appear to be extinct in AoS, which leaves only elves and sigmarites for good guy women.
    That is true and probably what they would do.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    OP now updated with what I've read of War Storm.

Image of a man, or image of the God King, letting the foe know exactly who is kicking their butts?
    Man. The God King specifically used a hammer (until he lost it), and I'm not sure how much armor he bogged himself down with, or if he ever used a shield, or anything like that. Given that there's a lot of guys using non-hammer weapons, or shields, and I can't imagine Sigmar trying to wear a silly spiked halo all the time, I seriously doubt it's just done in his image. I think riding the lightning into battle is enough of a message "Hey, you messed with Sigmar!"

Though, really, what member of the Chaos forces would be scared by Sigmar? He failed the first time around, then after the first world got blown up he failed to protect the remnants, and is having to fight back to gain some ground because he ran away from the fight and let Chaos run rampant for hundreds of years. Oh, sure, we know he was building an army during that time, but from the Chaos servants' perspective, he was hiding like a coward, and is only fighting back now because he's like a cornered rat hoping desperately to fight off the inevitable. He'll need a LOT of victories to start making them scared, and by then, it won't matter how his soldiers look. If they dressed like clowns or rode rainbows into combat and had magical talking mounts, Chaos forces would start getting PTSD from reruns of My Little Pony or Ronald McDonald. Doesn't matter what a faceless god looks like, it matters what the guys who are fighting look like (once they start winning).

Shhhh.........

Anyways. OP updated with the remainder of War Storm, and 'Eye of the Storm', the second part of Call of Archaon.

If we get fur-bikini-cultist chicks I want some fur-bikini-cultist dudes to go with 'em, and give the ladies some sensibly armoured (no metal breasts on the breastplate please) female warrior-women too. Equality all around!

Imo the best way to do this would have a few "slender" or smaller frames to a kit, so say 8 "stockier" frames and 2 "slender" frames, not model thin, but maybe a bit shorter and a little bit smaller, then have male and female heads, allowing people to build slightly smaller male or female models (whichever they prefer) and using the slightly bigger bodies for male or female models (whichever they prefer).

Also Erik I imagine the chaos forces that fear sigmar are the ones who are heartbeats away from being hit with a hammer in sigmar's name

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    Also Erik I imagine the chaos forces that fear sigmar are the ones who are heartbeats away from being hit with a hammer in sigmar's name
    Not exactly fearing Sigmar so much as being concerned about the weapon that's about to hit them being carried by some literally faceless bloke.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast