BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default De-Lurking and Saying Hello

Hello all!

I joined the boards several months ago, but this is my first post. I was introduced to 40k in the early 90's when the second edition boxed set was released. I was in college at Western Kentucky University, and I saw an ad in a gaming magazine (maybe Dragon?) that featured a single Ultramarine miniature. I thought it looked cool, and I had played Dungeons and Dragons and Battletech before, so 40k seemed like something I would enjoy.

I bought the boxed set and started learning to play with some friends. We had a blast even though we screwed up some of the rules. I bought a tac squad box of Ultramarines and a few White Dwarf magazines when I could scrape up some extra cash. We didn't have any scenery except what came in the boxed set, so we used books and packets of ramen to represent terrain.

After graduation I moved home to a small town in Central Kentucky and got a job in law enforcement. The closest store that carried 40k products was (and is) 45 minutes away, and I worked third shift, so it was hard to get to the shop. I didn't get to game much for the next 22 years, but I retired July 1st and my 12 year old son has shown an interest in playing Tau so I'm ready to get back into the game. Over the years I have bought each edition of 40k, but I haven't played an actual game since second edition in college. I bought the new SM codex and enough minis to get me started in friendly games.

I'm really excited to be able to experience gaming again. I've already booked a room for Adepticon next year, and it looks like my son will be able to come too since he will be out of school for spring break. I hope to meet some of you there.

Fly Lord

Welcome aboard!

Come on in, the water's fine.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Occuli Imperator

Hello and welcome aboard
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni