BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Do you equip plasma pistols as a matter of course?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 29.17%
  • No.

34 70.83%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That, and "Death Guard" aren't T3 Guardsmen, they're T5 Plague Marines.

Chaplain

I equip a couple of my assault marines with plasma pistols, and I take plasmaguns and plasma cannons on occasion. But I never give "Gets Hot" weapons to HQs or sergeants.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't you only get an armor save since a plasma pistol would double out your T3 guardsman? I play DE so it I don't deal with Gets Hot.
    Death Guard (Plaguemarines of Nurgle) not Death Korps!

Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't you only get an armor save since a plasma pistol would double out your T3 guardsman? I play DE so it I don't deal with Gets Hot.
    He's also talking about Death Guard plague marines, who are actually T5. But yes, gets hot wound doesn't have a S value.

Brother-Captain

My assault squad has a couple plasma pistol carrying marines in it and one of my tactical squad sergeants has one (the 25th anniversary Crimson fist model) but those are the only ones in use in my army.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chaplain

Does anyone?
    Definitly: No

Even if the Model has a Plasma Pistol, I won´t buy it. Okay perhaps for the Chaos Lord out of the Vengance Box, because it look realy cool and i have a IW Champ, which has the old berserker-plasma-pistol, but honestly i don´t buy them.

My key-moment was back in 3rd or 4th edition, back then you could fire the PP twice, if you haven´t move - guess what happens to the poor EC Champ?
    Yes. Double one!

Even if the PP gets not hot, it isn´t worth the price. Usually you get one - two if you lucky - shot in the game and this shot must make it worth.

So no. No PP for me.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

I like them. Always feel it's nice to have a decent strength, low AP weapon kicking about in case of expose rear armour.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

The Blood Angels have a 25 point Plasma Pistol that doesn't get hot... insane point cost aside you could pair it with an inferno pistol.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Up until recent CSM Codex my Night Lords Troop-Champions had an even distribution of PPs+Power Weapon and Combi Bolter+Powerfist between them; now they only have single Lightning Claws - just doesn't work anymore to put additional points into them if you have the challange any character model you come across

As for my HQs -only 2 had PPs orginally, a Sorc and the DV Lord - remodeled both with Bolt Pistols from the Raptors/Warp Talons even if don't actually use them:
    [URL=http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/0rph3u5/media/My%20Tabletop-Models/PA_Sorc_zps71efb6ee.jpg.html][/URL] [URL=http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/0rph3u5/media/My%20Tabletop-Models/DV_Models1_zps6c17621e.jpg.html][/URL]
    (and yeah, no power mauls either)

I always give my gang leader a plasma pistol ... in Necromunda! But it's based on 2nd ed., so no 'gets hot' just cheesy instant death/small blast/S7 in close combat goodness.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast